Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6229 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
AraiBob

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
circular pedestal wall feature?

Hi, I want to model a beach house, built upon a round pedestal, with the circular stairs inside the pedestal. The pedestal is to be 3 meters inside dimension. Purpose is to allow water to go around the structure safely, in the event of a tsunami or other flood event.

I am using Sweet Home 3D 5.1 on Ubuntu Linux. Works fine, except when I try to look at Preferences, which causes an abort. I added columns to the drawing, and the box around the column is huge and cannot be made smaller, without changing the dimensions of the column. confusing.
[Apr 26, 2016, 3:48:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: circular pedestal wall feature?

I'm not sure about your round pedestal, but maybe you could use large cylinders, or even round walls if you don't need a full disc surface.

About the crash that happens when you look at preferences, please read the FAQ Sweet Home 3D crashes when I want to edit preferences, print, create a photo or create a video. What can I do?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 9, 2016, 7:28:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AraiBob

In the time between my asking for this option and now, I did use the cylinder and don't show the stairs, etc. And I found a website that calculated the nbr of steps, etc for the circular steps. Regarding 'round walls' I was able to make a wall, but it only went halfway around, and when I tried to clone it, the two parts would not align properly. Annoying.
[May 10, 2016, 3:41:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You can't create a full circle with only one wall. You need at least two walls. Create the first wall, pressing ctrl key (alt key under Mac OS X) while clicking at wall end, then go back where you started until the wall highlights itself and double-click to attach the second wall to the first one and close the circle.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 10, 2016, 7:20:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi AraiBob
You may find this tutorial on youtube helpful.
Also Try turning magnetism off when positioning the 2 walls, then check the direction of the walls, highlight both walls
go to "plan" and select "connect walls". See if that helps.
[Jun 22, 2016, 7:26:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Just had another thought regarding the stairs you mentioned, if you created a single "stair" using the "Generate 3d Shape" add on, you could rotate it multiple times to create your internal stairs (a lighthouse comes to mind) within your arced walls with a cylinder as a central support, perhaps, maybe posssibly smile
[Jun 22, 2016, 7:45:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved