Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 141
Posts: 141   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1416776 times and has 140 replies Next Thread
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Export to HTML5 plug-in

PS - And before y'all go blasting me about this being open source software and freely downloadable and I shouldn't get irritated, well, I donate regularly and have purchased the MAS version in an effort to help the project and I really need this software to work as expected.

And if you donate today to the WHO, tomorrow we all have the vaccine against corona...

I can understand you, such problems are annoying. But if it were that easy, you wouldn't have the problem at all.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[May 5, 2020, 8:29:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kelleychambers

United States

And if you donate today to the WHO, tomorrow we all have the vaccine against corona...

I can understand you, such problems are annoying. But if it were that easy, you wouldn't have the problem at all.

That's hardly the same analogy; one is a worldwide pandemic that no one outside the Chinese saw coming and the other is a bloody app that CAN BE and SHOULD HAVE been fixed years ago. That many people have PAID FOR via the Mac App Store and have lived with the "known issues" way longer than they should have. An update to this plugin hasn't happened in three freaking years! It should have baked it into the software years ago but for some unbeknownst reason the dev refuses to do so.

I don't use this software to just play with like a lot of the people here. I'm using it professionally and like any other professional app I use, I pay for it. When something is paid for, it's a reasonable expectation that bugs will be fixed in a fair amount of time. Three years without an update to a plug-in that's had many reported issues is not reasonable. To blame it on Apple's App Store for their restrictions isn't reasonable either because the dev(s) submitted SH3D KNOWING the limitation(s) FULL WELL going in. To say, "Hey, use this library/plugin/et al instead..." is just out-and-out laziness. FIX the bloody thing! It's not an unreasonable expectation and it's LONG past overdue.
[May 8, 2020, 12:10:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You paid €15 euros, remember.
You shout as if you paid €1500!

There's a free version as well, same functionality. Nobody forced you to spend that money.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 8, 2020, 1:00:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Please, let’s calm down.

Kelleychambers, the version 1.4 of the plug-in was released 17 months ago and certainly not 3 years ago.
If you could explain why in a professional use, you prefer to use the plug-in rather than your SH3D files with Sweet Home 3D JS viewer, maybe I could learn something interesting.
By the way, the bug you encountered happens only with the sandboxed version of the Mac App Store from macOS 10.14. Using the free version is an other way to circumvent this issue. Once again, don’t blame me if Apple decides to make it more and more difficult for developers at each release of their system.

@rrraf
If you want by default the virtual visit, simply export your file while you’re in virtual visit mode.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 8, 2020, 1:49:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I released the version 1.5 of Export to HTML5 plug-in to include features and fixes which appeared in Sweet Home 3D JS version 6.1 and 6.3.
It includes also a bug fix that prevents crashes under macOS 10.14+ when the plug-in is used with the sandboxed version distributed in the Mac App Store. In that environment, the only places where you'll be able to save the generated file are the /Users/user/Library/Containers/com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D/Data and /Users/user/Library/Containers/com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D/Data/Documents folders (where user is your login). You may create and use the subfolders of your choice in the folder Documents too, but it won't work anywhere else.
It's probably a limitation that Apple decided to add to protect users from plug-ins distributed outside of the Mac App Store and uncontrolled by its services.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 8, 2020, 5:05:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kelleychambers

United States

I
It includes also a bug fix that prevents crashes under macOS 10.14+ when the plug-in is used with the sandboxed version distributed in the Mac App Store.

Thank you for providing an update although, under 10.14.6 (MacOS), it's still beach balling, lagging and crashing. Can't even start a new file without the app stalling/beachballing then crashing. Happens under the SourceForge and the Mac App Store versions. Want my logs?
[May 9, 2020, 1:48:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JoeSherer4

United States

Quite strangely, the main difficulty for you at the beginning might be to find how to test these HTML files on your computer, because years after years, almost all browsers except Firefox (until now) don't allow to read local files by default, for security reasons!!! Of course, deploying the html files on a web server or removing security on local files will work, so be patient, success is never too far...

Yes, I cannot figure out how to use this to create an .html file with my SH3D model. I created the .zip file and have the lib/ folder, viewHome.html and viewHomeInOverlay.html.

I can't find anything to read or any way to turn these into a file that is useable by my WordPress website.

Please help!

Thanks
[May 11, 2020, 10:10:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Joe, answered to you mail.
Using 3DJSViewer instead, you do not need any convertions of your sh3d

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d/...JSViewer-6.3.zip/download
[May 12, 2020, 8:54:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Hey Joe!

Perhaps this one can solve your problem: https://wordpress.org/plugins/embed-sweethome3d/
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[May 12, 2020, 1:36:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JoeSherer4

United States

Pascal,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried that, and had two issues.

First, I was hoping for a url to link to instead of short code. For example, Daniel's model (https://woodmouse.ru/takedom/us/2i.html) shows up perfectly with the nice choice of aerial and virtual visitor views, and I thought that should be easy. (NOTHING's easy!!!)

Second, when I tried the embed-sweethome3d plugin and inserted the short code, I got the message: "Error: ReferenceError Ground3D is not defined" at run time.

I now have also tried the SweetHome3DJSViewer-6.3 but can't get that to do anything for me either. I admit I'm lost at Step 4 of the ReadMe instructions. And not optimistic that I can do Steps 5 and 6 either.

I'm now using the Exported Homes Manager (http://www.sweethome3d.com/exportHomes.jsp) but my users get lost in SweetHome rather than staying focused on the models I want them to see in just a plain frame.
[May 12, 2020, 7:30:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 141   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved