Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 141
Posts: 141   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1416567 times and has 140 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Export to HTML5 plug-in

Opera is also one of my test browsers, never experienced problems.
[Oct 14, 2016, 7:16:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hello everybody,

Here's the new versions 1.2 of Export to HTML5 and Export to XML/OBJ plug-ins.
Both plug-ins are now based on the management of the new XML entry that was added to .sh3d files in Sweet Home 3D 5.3. The JavaScript part of the Export to HTML5 plug-in now supports pinch for zoom under Android and Windows, and was optimized to draw 3D lines faster.

To let the XML entry generated by Export to XML/OBJ plug-in share the same DTD as the Home.xml entry in .sh3d files, its XML format had to evolve a little to fix some typos and other small problems:
- logitude attribute of <compass> element was corrected as longitude
- nameVisible attribute of <room> element was renamed as areaVisible
- size attribute of <textStyle> element was renamed as fontSize
- <Text> element was renamed as <text> with lowercase letters
- the default value of wallsAlpha attribute of <environment> element is now 0 instead of 1
- the default value of thickness attribute of <polyline> element is now 1 instead of 0.
I sincerely hope these changes won't bother you too much. A few attributes were missing too but that won't change the way you could have already use the XML files generated by the plug-in. The properties stored in HomeObject instances were also saved in <property> elements, and read in JavaScript if needed. Finally, the attributes named structure and exportFlags are the only additional attributes in the <home> element written by Export to XML/OBJ plug-in.

Hope you'll enjoy these improvements smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 13, 2016, 6:17:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rhawke

United States

Hi Emmanuel,

Do you think at some point in the future this plugin could be enhanced to add WebVR functionality? I have tried the obj2vr app and while it looked promising, there are bugs and issues (mainly the flipped objects, minimum viewing distance and lighting). It appears like it is not being developed anymore. I also tried uploading to Sketchfab since they use WebVR but it is difficult to get the same great sky textures and lighting options as in Sweet Home 3D. The rooms just don't look as good.

This is the link to the WebVR project:
https://webvr.info/

I have recently used a few apps that have WebVR enabled and it is already at a very usable level despite the beta status.

Or are there any other recommendations on how to view homes with VR?

Thanks

Robert
[Jan 3, 2017, 12:36:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DemiChron

Russia

Where can i find unminified JS code ?
thanks)
[Jan 14, 2017, 12:20:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Rhawke, sorry, I don't have knowledge about WebVR yet, so it's difficult for me to answer.

DemiChron, source code of Sweet Home 3D JS project is available here.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Sep 6, 2017, 3:02:05 PM]
[Jan 14, 2017, 11:41:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Before I start updating the lib directory: Are Export to HTML5 plug-in 1.2 lib/*.js files compatible with older files (.zip and viewHome.html). Just about to export a couple of new homes, but would wish for the earlier to work as well. Or the other way around - that the existing 1.0/1.1 js files can deal with the new export.

Not a big problem, and fully understandable if not, just curious if I need to set aside some extra time to redo the old files. Will at some point anyway.

ok
[Feb 18, 2017, 3:10:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Just replacing the old lib directory by the new one should work smile
[Feb 18, 2017, 3:44:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks. We will see whether I take the chance... smile - or do the entire presentation differently. Btw. I experienced some trouble. Updating files and viewing with Opera, some of the settings (the .zip file maybe) must have been cached somewhere, because the virtual visitor location refused to change even if the files were updated on the server. Spent a frustrating 30 minutes trying to figure out why my virtual visitor was always far underground even if the files were updated. But then I tried another browser. Probably nothing you can do about that - but good to know if someone is struggeling with updating their exports. Just try another browser (or clear all cached files).

Anyway. The HTML export really is a nice tool. Just to let you know your efforts are appreciated. ok
[Feb 18, 2017, 4:25:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dezik

Heya. Is it possible to add Full Screen mode for better mobile experience? Tweaking resolution in html file doesn't really help to view it perfectly.
[Apr 26, 2017, 7:40:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
easymodulaire

France

Hello Emmanuel, Thanks for you very nice work !
Sorry to ask this question but I find this plugin very useful so I downloded it
After adding the plugin "exporter en hmtl", I" got a a zip file and tried to open with Firefox the file "ViewHome.

Here's the error message I got :

Error: ReferenceError: viewHome is not defined

I put myself as a customer receiving his plan to see how is was, and it was not.

My laptop is pretty new, with Windows 10 pro and I use mainly Firefox. Perhaps I need another plugin or software to see it work

Thanks a lot for your help and have a very nice day.

BR
[May 17, 2017, 4:01:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 141   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved