Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 141
Posts: 141   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1416256 times and has 140 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Export to HTML5 plug-in

Sorry, during my last tests of the viewer, it looks like I forgot IE 11 where it fails (under Windows, I mainly use Edge).
Therefore, I had to release the new version 1.0.1 to fix this issue. Only Javascript files were modified.
Thanks okh for reporting the issue.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 19, 2016, 12:52:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

For your information, I just released a new version 1.0.2 that fixes various issues, mainly for developers interested to use SweetHome3DJS API.
[Apr 21, 2016, 6:01:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight, the version 1.0.3 fixes a bug in the plug-in that could generate reduced images with a wrong color profile in the exported home. If you saw some issues on the textures of your home while viewing it in a browser (too dark images or mixed with a pink color), then you should export it again with this new version.
Otherwise, this update fixes also an issue on selection management in the Javascript code, but that sould interest you only if you started to use SweetHome3DJS API.
[Apr 23, 2016, 8:59:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The last version 1.1, announced also in this article of the blog, fixes bugs on the position of the navigation panel when the user scrolls in the window where a canvas is displayed, brings a better management of the canvas when the window is resized, and also brings the new method getClosestItemAt in HomeComponent3D class to handle picking. In the current version, all objects in a home are pickable except the transparent parts of doors or windows, allowing you to pick objects visible through window panes!

Once I found out how to run the plug-in on a headless web server (as explained here), I also decided to add a new service on sweethome3d.com that lets registered users upload their .sh3d files on the web server to view them in 3D, like in this example. This should help the ones among you who wants to show their designs without the need to have their own web server or even run the Export to HTML5 plug-in on their computer.
At the moment, this service allows .sh3d files with a maximum size of 15 MB which should be enough for small to medium designs. Don't forget to save and compress your .sh3d files with Sweet Home 3D before uploading them, to avoid useless upload traffic and to be able to upload larger designs.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at May 5, 2016, 6:35:42 PM]
[May 5, 2016, 5:52:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

1.1 very great!!!!!!!!!!!
[May 7, 2016, 5:11:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi, just tried this, using mozilla firefox, and found it very easy to use, the detail in the image actually seemed slightly better. Spotted more flaws sad . Nice work Puybaret. smile
[May 11, 2016, 3:21:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Pixelwizard

just for the ones with problems to load and test local files...at apachefriends.org you can find a complete webserver. in one package. you can also install as many cms you like. this will allow you also to develop some plugins for typo3, wordpress etc. and last but not least...great, great work. this plugin was the missing link to my specific project and guess it will make many, many things easier. basically i guess, if someone is able to manage it, it should be possible to create a fallback just for the reason of the device memory. raw idea is just to display four pngs with the view of model instead of the canvas. maybe the plugin can manage this in the future also.
WIN10 Pro 64bit * 16 GB RAM * AMD FX 6100 * Geforce GTX 660

[May 19, 2016, 4:59:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback smile

it should be possible to create a fallback just for the reason of the device memory.
Pixelwizard, if you have some information about this fallback, please give it, because as far as I know, there's no way to prevent a crash when memory is missing in JavaScript at the moment.
[May 19, 2016, 2:27:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Pixelwizard

for sure i will, but actually i'm busy for the next weeks. was just a raw idea, just following a plugin for typo3 i just checking out for possible modification. but just following this idea, i thought about to identify the devices memory by a short script, then compare to the file size and memory usage. the pngs from four directions might be generated during export, basically same way when exporting plan to pdf with 3dview. once the pngs are there, th e js might be able to select automatically what to display, the model or the pictures. this will also reduce the load of files on mobile devices. i guess this might be better managed by common cms, because when i remember correctly, some of them support this by supporting responsive delivery of files more or less automatically. by the way, also for mobile devices (android) there is a webserver. is called ksweb. setup is easy, configuration might be a little bit tricky. so spent a little bit of time. but i was able to install wordpress as cms to it on my samsung galaxy tab4 with it. let me see what i can do, because this is exactly what i might need for my project. for may needs, i might be more orientated to a solution for typo3, but i will keep in mind to find a way which allows an independent solution, so that this will be hopefully one single package which could be used on any stage. to my needs, it must be finally responsive, which also means the canvas and the model needs this features. anyway, html5, javascript and css will do the job. ;)
WIN10 Pro 64bit * 16 GB RAM * AMD FX 6100 * Geforce GTX 660

[May 20, 2016, 5:00:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lcgamboa

Brasil

Hi Puybaret,

Great job with HTML export plugin!
In the future, the HTML viewer will support lighting?
The Home.xml format will be changed?
The Home.xml is a best point of start for import sweethome3d houses in others softwares. I have made a python script that read Home.xml and inport the house in blender. I use blender render and blender game engine to interact with the house because the light support. But the light definition in Home.xml don't have the light power value, it's possible to include this field in the next version of plugin?

Thank you for sweethome3d, it is the best house editor!
[Jun 3, 2016, 3:28:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 141   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved