Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 141
Posts: 141   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1666515 times and has 140 replies Next Thread
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Export to HTML5 plug-in

I'm so sorry to tell you, but you need some basic HTML knowledge (or someone who's willing to do it for you) to do this. It's absolutely not complicated, but you have to read some basic tutorials or look for some how-to clips on youtube.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[May 12, 2020, 7:43:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JoeSherer4

United States

Daniel,

Thank you very much for your reply. However, I tried using the SweetHome3DJSViewer-6.3 but can't get that to do anything for me. I admit I'm lost at Step 4 of the ReadMe instructions. And not optimistic that I can do Steps 5 and 6 either.

4. Edit the "SweetHome3DJSViewer.html" or "SweetHome3DJSViewerInOverlay.html" file
and replace the "default.sh3d" viewed document by the file name of your SH3D file.
for example, if the URL of your SH3D file is "myhome.sh3d",
you should obtain the following line in "SweetHome3DJSViewer.html":
var homeUrl = "myhome.sh3d";
and the following line in "SweetHome3DJSViewerInOverlay.html":
<button onclick='viewHomeInOverlay("myhome.sh3d",

I know Puybaret speaks French and you speak Russian, so I REALLY appreciate staying with my limited English (and limited coding skills). I don't know where/what "you should obtain the following line" means. My model name is Origin1900.sh3d so I tried replacing SweetHome3DJSViewer.html with Origin1900.html. But that's not right, and I have no more ideas what to do. Sorry I am so bad at this, but I really want it to work, and feel I am pretty close.

And when I used your model (https://woodmouse.ru/takedom/us/2i.html) it shows up perfectly with the nice choice of aerial and virtual visitor views, and in a nice clean plain frame, with no SweetHome3D menus or distractions.

Thanks for any ideas, to either get the 3DJSViewer to work or how to convert my .sh3d files/models to web pages like you did.

Thanks!

Joe

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried that, and had two issues.

First, I was hoping for a url to link to instead of short code. For example, Daniel's model (https://woodmouse.ru/takedom/us/2i.html) shows up perfectly with the nice choice of aerial and virtual visitor views, and I thought that should be easy. (NOTHING's easy!!!)

Second, when I tried the embed-sweethome3d plugin and inserted the short code, I got the message: "Error: ReferenceError Ground3D is not defined" at run time.

I now have also tried
I'm now using the Exported Homes Manager (http://www.sweethome3d.com/exportHomes.jsp) but my users get lost in SweetHome rather than staying focused on the models I want them to see in just a plain frame.
[May 12, 2020, 8:13:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JoeSherer4

United States

Daniel,

Thank you very much for your reply. However, I tried using the SweetHome3DJSViewer-6.3 but can't get that to do anything for me. I admit I'm lost at Step 4 of the ReadMe instructions. And not optimistic that I can do Steps 5 and 6 either.

4. Edit the "SweetHome3DJSViewer.html" or "SweetHome3DJSViewerInOverlay.html" file
and replace the "default.sh3d" viewed document by the file name of your SH3D file.
for example, if the URL of your SH3D file is "myhome.sh3d",
you should obtain the following line in "SweetHome3DJSViewer.html":
var homeUrl = "myhome.sh3d";
and the following line in "SweetHome3DJSViewerInOverlay.html":
<button onclick='viewHomeInOverlay("myhome.sh3d",

I know Puybaret speaks French and you speak Russian, so I REALLY appreciate staying with my limited English (and limited coding skills). I don't know where/what "you should obtain the following line" means. My model name is Origin1900.sh3d so I tried replacing SweetHome3DJSViewer.html with Origin1900.html. But that's not right, and I have no more ideas what to do. Sorry I am so bad at this, but I really want it to work, and feel I am pretty close.

And when I used your model (https://woodmouse.ru/takedom/us/2i.html) it shows up perfectly with the nice choice of aerial and virtual visitor views, and in a nice clean plain frame, with no SweetHome3D menus or distractions.

Thanks for any ideas, to either get the 3DJSViewer to work or how to convert my .sh3d files/models to web pages like you did.

Thanks!

Joe
[May 12, 2020, 8:15:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

First let's test if the script works for you: rename your Origin1900.sh3d to default.sh3d and then open SweetHome3DJSViewer.html in your browser.
If this works, we can guide you through step 4,5 and 6.
Pascal

[May 12, 2020, 8:33:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JoeSherer4

United States

Pascal,

Thank you so much for trying to help me! I'm a pilot and just watched a video of a passenger in an airplane get instructions how to land the plane from Air Traffic Control after the pilot died shortly after take-off. He made, and so can we!

There is already a file named default.sh3d that opens up a small model when double clicking, but did not open up when double clicking on SweetHome3DJSViewer.html .

I renamed the default.sh3d to olddefault.sh3d, then renamed Origin1900.sh3d to default.sh3d (all files are in the SweetHome3DJSViewer-6.3 folder).

When I double click the "new" default.sh3d my model opens up fine. When I double click on SweetHome3DJSViewer I get the message: "Error: Error 0 while requesting default.sh3d"

Thanks, I've got plenty of fuel and the skies are clear.

Joe
[May 12, 2020, 9:46:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Which browser are you using?
Pascal

[May 12, 2020, 9:54:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JoeSherer4

United States

Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138
[May 12, 2020, 10:32:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

If your OS is Windows try:

• Close down your Chrome browser (make sure you close all instances if you have multiple windows open)
  • Go to Run and type the following command: chrome.exe --allow-file-access-from-file
  • Hit enter

For Mac users:

• Run Terminal.app Type "open /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app --args --allow-file-access-from-file", no quotes.

This allows access to local files. But I'm not sure if the error is caused because this is disabled...
Pascal

[May 12, 2020, 10:42:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JoeSherer4

United States

I'm on a Mac and ran Terminal with the phrase: open /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app --args --allow-file-access-from-file

I did it both before and after closing Chrome.

When then double clicking on SweetHome3DJSViewer.html I get the same message: Error: Error 0 while requesting default.sh3d
[May 12, 2020, 11:12:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Joe, just download and use file https://woodmouse.ru/test/honomobo.html instead of SweetHome3DJSViewer.html, it scales your sh3d to browser window.

Before make sure you have appropriate js files unpacked from SweetHome3DJSViewer archive to your ftp folder

That's all you need to make it work
[May 13, 2020, 5:19:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 141   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved