Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4004 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Jenniferbm55

Spain
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Is it possible to move levels?

I'm modeling a property; it has a ground floor level, 1st floor level, and top level which is a flat roof / solarium.

The level of the ground floor is elevated 1.5m from the pavement/garden.

I'd like to place steps to the front and back doors.

I've tried to drop the steps to -150m elevation, but that didn't work as the elevation wont go lower than 0.

I've tried adding a level, but I can't see/find how to move/place the lower level before the ground floor.

Just wondering if anyone would know a workaround, or should I start afresh?

Thanks for any help smile
[Apr 4, 2016, 5:48:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA
Re: Is it possible to move levels?

In a situation like that, the ground level should be for the stairs and the building should be a new level at 1.5M elevation.
Then of course adjust the other levels accordingly.
----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Edit 2 times, last edit by HawkDawg at Apr 4, 2016, 6:16:09 AM]
[Apr 4, 2016, 6:15:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jenniferbm55

Spain

Thank you HawkDawg, just as I thought, I'm going to have to start again Still nothing is wasted, just chalk it up to experience.
[Apr 4, 2016, 6:33:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Experience is the best teacher. wink
I hope it helps you out in your endeavors.
Hawk
[Apr 4, 2016, 7:19:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bert.struik

Canada

Renumber the levels and add level 0 that can be used for your ground level with the steps and/or a foundation.
[Apr 4, 2016, 10:19:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jenniferbm55

Spain

Thank you Bert, have done what you say, but I can't move the floors up and down in 'Modify Level' - the 'up' and 'down' arrows are not working (they are faint).

Which means the new level (renamed level 0) is still at the top.

There must be some button somewhere that would 'turn on' the up and down buttons?
[Apr 5, 2016, 6:12:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The level modification dialog box lets you edit only the selected level and the up and down arrows are used to change the order of a level if it's at the same elevation as an other one.
In your case, you need to change the elevation of a level, that's why you should select its tab at the top of the plan then modify the level to edit its elevation. Once done, repeat the operation for each level.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 5, 2016, 7:19:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

The BIG (faint) up and down arrows only work to rearrange the order of levels with the same elevation. The number of the level (could be any name), but the numeric boxes on top can be changed to shift levels up and down to the correct elevation. The levels will arrange automatically in the list from bottom up. Good luck. ok
[Apr 5, 2016, 7:22:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jenniferbm55

Spain

Thank you for your help. I'm getting my head around things now. Got lots of questions that are buzzing. I will have to master these levels.

For now I've created a new project, which is much better than the first one already. Thanks!
[Apr 5, 2016, 11:49:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved