Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 38
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 224140 times and has 37 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Shape Generator plug-in

Here's the version 1.2 of ShapeGenerator plug-in which provides an additional view of the 3D model from entered coordinates, when you select the new 3D preview radio button.

Many thanks to Dorin who programmed this change! smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 21, 2020, 9:53:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Ah! Good news, very useful. Thanks both of you.
[Nov 21, 2020, 12:54:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I want to show some tips:
1. Triangular prism

Some explanation:
-On Shape Generator set to pair of points at same coordinate.
In this case I chose 5+8 and 6+7.
-In plan, select the generated shape and open Modify furniture - modify materials.
- As You see in second image there are 5 sides in place of 6

2. Pyramid

-Same procedure but for 4 upper points.

3. Roof part

-Make more and combine in plan.
-I recommend to apply texture AFTER resize the shape (if you need to resize)

And this could be this sample

Hope to be useful to somebody.
PS. Don't believe Emmanuel entirely; He write all codes, I have only the idea and garbage of useless file.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Nov 21, 2020, 7:17:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Thanks for the examples. Finally I may give it a try myself 😜

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 21, 2020, 7:48:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

So do I.
[Nov 21, 2020, 9:34:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Hampi

Very nice plug-in.

I would love when I could save some coordinates for future use.

Because it takes time to put in the coordinates correct for different shapes, it would be nice if I can save already created coordinate with a name, an later on restore that coordinates. Then I only have to make small adjustments to this example. Similar to the "Reset coordinates", only that I can choose reset to which shape:
[Sep 10, 2021, 8:51:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
zuo

Italy

Hello, I want to fork this plugin in order to create two ones:

• stairs creation (you can set number of stairs, dimension and direction changing...)
  • roof creation (you specify a base shape and automatically create a roof with that shape)

That cannot be done with that tool because they can need more point and also It can be done with more specific parameter to be more user friendly.
I think that this can be done easily starting from this plugin and creating small customization, but I do not find the source code, is it available?
[Sep 12, 2021, 9:10:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for proposing to create new plug-ins. The source code of this plug-in included in the SH3P file (which is just a zipped file).
For your information, Dorin already created the Multiplier plug-in which can be used to create stairs and he also started to work on a Roof plug-in. Maybe you can help him?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 15, 2021, 10:54:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved