Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3683 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
dadep

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to export elements from SH3D file and import to SH3F

Hi all,
I'm a newbie of SH3D, and I'm trying to play with it.
I know about difficult to build roofs, and have found this post
https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/330/
containing many roof elements.
I have built my custom SH3F file, and I would to know if is possibile to export from mentioned SH3D project all roof elements and import them to my sh3f file, in order to use in my projects.

Thanks in advance
Davide
[Feb 24, 2016, 12:43:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: How to export elements from SH3D file and import to SH3F

Hi - some of the roofs are already in a library (roofs_bnl.sh3f), but as it says in the post, the library was not updated with the latest changes and additions (which you can find in file roofs_bnl_dormers_extra.sh3d). Few people asked for a library (guess they only need a few elements). Also, as you have noticed, they are pretty simple roof elements as simplicity made it easier to compile a greater variety of roof shapes.

If you need something more fancy, it is also not that hard to create your own, see:
Blog: How to design a sloping ceiling with a window,
hansmex' tutorial,
Arun's roof turorial.

You are welcome to include any roof element in a .sh3f file if you like. You will need to export the files one by one from SH3D (or several elements joined together the way you want them), but you can import several at the same time in the Furniture Library Editor. The file size of each file will increase (roof texture will be saved as .png), but probably not by much.

Do post or let me know whether they work out - or if something is missing. Good luck.

ok

PS I cannot remember off-hand, but some of the roofs could possibly suffer from a bleed-through when rendering (double faces and normal and such...) - but I think they should be fine, at least the latest ones in roofs_bnl_dormers_extra.sh3d.

[Feb 25, 2016, 2:03:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dadep

Hi okh,
in the meantime I've played with sh3d file, and have opened it with 7zip as archive file. I've found many folders, each of them containing one part of the roof.
I have imported all of them in my personal furniture library, that you can find here (the library also contains other furnitures.
https://app.box.com/s/ojifbte1enann8qgjh3jrxqwt85t7qee
[Feb 25, 2016, 2:15:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

in the meantime I've played with sh3d file, and have opened it with 7zip as archive file. I've found many folders...
Of course, that is the quicker way if you know what you are doing, even if it is harder to select the objects you want.

By the way, your .sh3f file is pretty big - Curtain N061012.gsm at >50% of total - and the model Curtain N061012.3DS is relatively simple in its geometry. None of my business, and it may not matter to you if you are one of those multi-core-unlimited-cpu types, but I would probably ditch that model as it is likely to bloat your files and impair performance. But then, I am a purist. Also, none of my business, but be careful so you do not post links to models with copyright restrictions. If you have such in your .sh3f file, I would be careful to remove them (or remove the file entirely).

ok
[Feb 25, 2016, 2:40:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved