Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7479 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
lemondedumas

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
virtual museum

I have just finished this virtual museum website in sweethome 3D,
with renders up to 20,000 pixels

www.tendlercontempo.com
[Feb 11, 2016, 11:14:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: virtual museum

Very nice! Is it based on a real museum? ok
[Feb 11, 2016, 11:41:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

So nice! smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 11, 2016, 1:19:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

Yes, that's absolutely great -- terrific work. I've spent so much effort on maximizing 'realness' in my SH3D projects, I forget how powerful a tool the program can be for creating images untethered to an actual site or building. It's not until a project such as yours or Rainer's surreal images comes along that I start thinking how else I might make use of it.*

* In fact, your museum reminded me of something I hadn't thought about in years, a project I started and quickly abandoned when I realized just how much work it would be. Back in 1993/94, I wanted to create a personal website loosely based on the memory palace system of mnemonics, using 3D rendered interiors as imagemaps leading to various entries. As I recall, I started out trying to create scenes using POV-Ray, but it seemed as if it would take several lifetimes to complete using CSG, and I could never seem to get the hang of Moray. When Caligari TrueSpace became available for Windows, I switched to it -- only to experience a serious, show-stopping bug with not just the first scene but the very first object I tried to model.

I originally became involved with ray tracing primarily as a way to fill the empty hours after my first wife and I separated. By the time the folks at Caligari had a possible fix for me, I had a new wife, a three-year-old stepson, and a new job that often kept me on the road 4+ days a week -- and nary an empty hour to be found. Unsurprisingly, my labor-intensive vanity website failed to make the cut.

These days, though, sans wife and, essentially, sans job, I'm all about the empty hours. Even better, by using equirectangular images and a VR viewer, your site has the look and feel I always imagined for mine -- but never had any idea how to accomplish!
[Feb 14, 2016, 4:44:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved