Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 44
Posts: 44   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 142727 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.2

You may want to check your textures. There's a longstanding advice that textures be no bigger than approx 1000 pixels wide or long. An 8 MB texture seems to be quite a big bigger than that.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 16, 2016, 1:14:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

I had just finished adding the latest version of my largest 'furniture' model*; it contains a couple dozen defined materials, of which I remap at least half to a new texture. I know in at least one case I made use of a self-referential texture -- that is, under 'Materials,' I opened a defined texture, selected the existing texture in order to add it to the array of thumbnails, and clicked 'OK'; I then opened another material definition, clicked 'Texture,' and selected the thumbnail I previously added.

It sounds like; by adding that new texture to an existing array of thumbnails, SH3D decides it's a new sub-compilation of the original, creating a sub-directory of the original instead of just updating the original.
Hawk
[Edit 1 times, last edit by HawkDawg at Jan 17, 2016, 2:01:29 AM]
[Jan 17, 2016, 2:01:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Concerning the new photo renderer properties, I made tests with SweetHome3D-5.2.beta1-windows.exe and the SimpleRoom.sh3d file.

Can the following renderings match what could be expected with the indicated parameters?
Common settings: antiAliasing.min = 1; antiAliasing.max = 2; filter = blackman-harris. The times are given on an indicative basis.

BucketRenderer

samplerAlgorithm = bucket; rendering time : 01mn 25.56s

SimpleRenderer

samplerAlgorithm = fast; rendering time : 06.49s

ProgressiveRenderer

samplerAlgorithm = ipr; rendering time : 11.38s

MultipassRenderer

samplerAlgorithm = multipass; rendering time : 01mn 49.45s

For information, the final rendering and its duration is similar with the parameters antiAliasing.min=0 and antiAliasing.max=0 for samplerAlgorithm=fast, ipr or multipass.
EnkoNyito
[Feb 1, 2016, 7:21:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

My results for this test:

Computer: Windows 10, 6 cores
SH3D: v5.2 b1 with 3.6 GB allocated
Plug-in: Advanced settings for photo rendering v1.3

Default settings: Q4 (including 1/2 AA, blackman-harris)

Variable settings: sampler
bucket: +/- 7 seconds (= default settings for plug-in)
fast : less than 1 sec
ipr: less than 1 sec
multipass: not available (where did you get that?)

Additional tests
global illumination: default, diffused bounces: 1 --> +/- 7 seconds (= default settings for plug-in)
gi: path, db: 1 --> 2:58 min (worst result of these 3 tests)
gi: path, db: 2 --> 6:20 min (best result of these 3 tests)

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Edit 2 times, last edit by hansmex at Feb 2, 2016, 2:08:00 PM]
[Feb 2, 2016, 7:11:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

My configuration : CPU 2 cores, SH3D 0.6 GB max.

For samplerAlgorithm=fast, do you have the same type of rendering?

The multipass parameter is not yet integrated into the plug-in because it is not indicated in the PhotoRenderer.properties file.
As the MultipassRenderer.java file is present in the source code, you can test it with a SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file by adding -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.PhotoRenderer.highQuality.samplerAlgorithm=multipass .
EnkoNyito
[Feb 2, 2016, 11:05:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
santbose

India

How do you allocate in SH3D as you mentioned you have allocated 3.6GB Hansmex. Can you please help me in this.
[Feb 3, 2016, 4:59:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Please, read the FAQ, especially the section on the XMX trick.
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Feb 3, 2016, 5:06:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's a second Beta version.
As the first Beta version didn't resolve the issues of some Windows 10, I also prepared a Windows installer bundled with Java 8u72 released a few days ago. Hope this time it will work better.

I was able to fix the other issue reported by Mazoola. Many thanks for your detailed report, it was very helpful. I didn't realize it was possible to reuse the textures of a piece of furniture through the recent textures list, nice trick! wink
This version fixes also a bug that prevented to change the proportion of the photos at the two first quality levels.
Finally, it brings the two following improvements:
- the width of a door or a window displayed in the plan takes now into account the width of its doorOrWindowCutOutShape# property. This can be tested with the files fermette_02.sh3d and windows_etc.sh3d designed by OKH.
- I added an Invisible radio button in Furniture materials dialog box to make a material invisible and hide the parts of a model that uses it. Using this option will avoid the "ghost" issue that appeared on photos when you used the invisible texture trick.

Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 4, 2016, 9:18:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Just downloaded 5.2 b2 and it works fine under W10.
Invisible texture works fine as well. Invisible parts don't cause shadows in Q4. VERY nice feature!

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Feb 4, 2016, 9:48:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Quick test:

Tried the Win10 installer, beta 1 installed without a glitch, however, now with
Version 5.2 Beta 2 Java version 1.8.0_72 / 64 bit / 1.8 GB max
I get "The signature of SweetHome3D-5.2.beta2-windows.exe is corrupt or invalid."

It is still possible to install b2 if you ignore a barrage of Win attempts to prevent you from installing. Don't know whether this comes from beta2/Java 8u72 or some annoying Windows update (it updates non-stop). (Win 10 Home, Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124262). - apparently up-to-date as of today).
width of a door or a window displayed in the plan takes now into account the width of its doorOrWindowCutOutShape# property.
Very nicely implemented, and certainly makes it easier to make door and window models.
added an Invisible radio button in Furniture materials dialog box to make a material invisible and hide the parts of a model that uses it
Love this feature, especially that later exporting the model removes the element marked invisible. Very useful if you want to remove parts of a model. But I suppose that means that it is not possible to set invisible in the .mtl file (as a sort of default - hidden element)? Not that it matters, better to be able to remove.

However, with a candlestick (model with candle and lightsource) I could indeed remove the candles by setting to invisible. But the candles reappeared in the 3D view when I added more furniture (still marked invisible, and exporting still "removes" the invisible part completely). This happens both under win81 webstart and win10 installer. Sent you file with misbehaving model. Could it be the lightsource, because it does not happen with other models I tried, or is it because I removed an extremity of the model? Will test more later.

ok

ok
[Feb 5, 2016, 1:08:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 44   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved