Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 44
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 142721 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D 5.2

Hi,

Here's a first beta version of Sweet Home 3D 5.2.
For the moment, this version fixes a few small bugs among which:
- the issue reported by Mazoola about the size of some sh3d files that grow too much when the texture of a furniture material is set to its default value
- a bug reported by OKH about wrong doors or windows cutouts
- a bug that changed the level of walls created from a split.

This time, I provide also a Windows installer to ensure that users who have problems under Windows 10 can test the program with the latest Java version 8u66.

[Note from developer: Sweet Home 3D 5.2 was released on February 17, 2016]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Feb 17, 2016, 9:04:47 PM]
[Jan 11, 2016, 2:44:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.2

Congratulations! Looks good.
bug reported by OKH about wrong doors or windows cutouts
Yes, bug vanished as far as I can tell.
Windows installer to ensure that users who have problems under Windows 10
Windows installer version 5.2 Beta 1 Java version 1.8.0_66 / 64 bit / 1.8 GB max
Intel Core i3 @ 1,8 Laptop, Intel HD Graphics 4000
Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.151121-2308)
DirectX 11.2

No issues found after a quick test (but had no problems with Win 10 and 5.1 either).

Only oddity is that I seem to get US Date/Time format in the Create Photo/Video dialogues (but that may be a Win 10 problem that I just did not notice with 5.1; it is not the only language/locale problem that Win 10 has introduced - the region settings in Win 10 are correct European, btw).

ok

PS. My problem is to understand the advantages of Win 10 in general. OK, it comes with some bells and whistles that I am unlikely to use (the 3D builder may be nice for 3D printing .obj exports, possibly even edit, but so far I cannot be bothered to figure it out). In fact, my only experience with Win 10 is that the options for changing settings are generally limited. It seems the Laptop is more under Redmond control than mine. Especially constantly sucking processing power and bandwidth dry whenever many of the zillion upgrades/updates/fixes need to be downloaded/applied. It may come as a surprise to MS, but using PC for normal stuff is actually more important to me than all those "exciting new features". But then, that really is not a SH3D issue...
[Jan 11, 2016, 4:49:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Should I try this on my XP machine, or am I to outdated? laughing
Hawk
[Jan 12, 2016, 6:32:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Also, no longer the reported Win 10 printing problem in bugs 609 and thread 6087. Probably as said, a problem related to the "jeunesse de Windows 10" rather than Java/SH3D. ok
[Jan 12, 2016, 7:41:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

HawkDawg (et al.) --

Seems to run fine on my XP system. I've only attempted to save some small, test plans (still trying to come up with a viable 'frosted glass' texture) and not my 300 Mb albatross, but so far no doubling down on file size....

Maz
[Jan 12, 2016, 10:27:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

HawkDawg (et al.) --

Seems to run fine on my XP system. I've only attempted to save some small, test plans (still trying to come up with a viable 'frosted glass' texture) and not my 300 Mb albatross, but so far no doubling down on file size....

Maz

Great! Are you running the installer or the web start version?
Hawk
[Jan 12, 2016, 2:37:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback smile
Unfortunately, from this thread and a private report I received, using Java 8u66 doesn't seem to have fixed some issues under Windows 10. I will submit something else in the coming days...
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 12, 2016, 8:04:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

Hawk -

I'm running the installer version [on XP]...

Maz
[Jan 13, 2016, 8:48:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Hawk -

I'm running the installer version [on XP]...

Maz

Great! That's what I'm currently running.

Thanks! smile
Hawk
[Jan 13, 2016, 9:45:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

Emmanuel -

Alas, a few minutes ago I saved a home plan using SH3D 5.2 beta 1 -- and it recursively saved itself. sad

I had just finished adding the latest version of my largest 'furniture' model*; it contains a couple dozen defined materials, of which I remap at least half to a new texture. I know in at least one case I made use of a self-referential texture -- that is, under 'Materials,' I opened a defined texture, selected the existing texture in order to add it to the array of thumbnails, and clicked 'OK'; I then opened another material definition, clicked 'Texture,' and selected the thumbnail I previously added.

I have no idea why it chose to save recursively in this instance when in earlier tests with the beta I had intentionally made use of self-referential textures in a model without triggering the erroneous save.

After I take a break, I'll return the redefined textures in the recently added model to their defaults and save the project again; with luck, clearing the reference will allow SH3D to store the file correctly.

Please let me know if there are any tests or information you need from me.

Thanks,
maz

* It models two decks with railings, an external stairway from one deck to the next, a triangular section of infrastructure that serves as walls and ceiling for an interior stairway and support for the exterior stairway, and carved exterior trim boards along the edges of the decks and stairs. I import it as a 17+ Mb KMZ file I generate from Sketchup; however, a single texture accounts for nearly 8 Mb of the total.

[Jan 16, 2016, 12:55:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved