Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 54
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 69079 times and has 53 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
A house I've been working on

I'm fairly new to this forum (not to mention the software) and after working on this for a while I thought I'd share it to see what others think of it. If it's not accessible I apologize. It looks like the file is downloadable.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dn2qa94o6dn...Castle_Redraft_Alt_2.sh3d
----------------------------------------

[Dec 28, 2015, 6:23:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Re: A house I've been working on

Here is the inspiration. http://www.mediafire.com/view/tku9iiko9ik9ai8/tudor-house-350.jpg

[Dec 28, 2015, 7:02:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here's a front view taken. http://www.mediafire.com/view/v6ap3pds2mw38kb/Tudor_Castle_Redraft_Alt_2.png
The entryway is supposed to have a conical shaped roof on top of it, but I was unable to figure out how to add it.

[Dec 28, 2015, 7:17:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I just realized the "inspiration" picture didn't seem to load to MediaFire so I found it again online.

I think I'm getting the hang of using MediaFire. Here's the picture I tried linking before of the front of the house.

[Dec 28, 2015, 7:28:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I still haven't figured out how to edit posts here, so I forgot to mention previously that the front is supposed to have Tudor style detail (exposed beams creating the detail as seen on the "inspiration").

[Dec 28, 2015, 7:31:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've done some more work on the outside of the home, although I'm not sure what to do about the backyard.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/kj51ila5knb6x0k...edraft_Alt_2_20160101.png
I've also taken a few pictures of the interior (nothing of the second floor at the moment).
Here's the Front Room.

The Kitchen/Dining Room.

Master Bedroom.

Sewing Room.

[Note from moderator: first link seems to have a problem, but I fixed other images]

[Edit 1 times, last edit by admin267 at Jan 2, 2016, 12:37:59 PM]
[Jan 2, 2016, 9:03:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Very interesting how your inspiration from an old house could lead to a modern design.
Thanks for sharing smile
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 2, 2016, 12:40:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you very much.

It looks like for some reason I wasn't able to get the outside view to upload on MediaFire, so here it is on Photobucket.

I'm still working on the backyard though.

[Jan 2, 2016, 7:43:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've gotten some of the backyard done. I've linked up the back of the fence (cleaning up the spacing as i went, that took some time) and created a pergola (sort of) covered patio. I've also changed the compass direction so that the house now faces west instead of south.

Does anybody know how to add a conical shaped roof?

[Jan 23, 2016, 11:29:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..a conical shaped roof?
There are some in SF 3D models. At least in in ticket 330 you will find simple roof models of a half and a quarter cone (to the right in the file called roofs_bnl_dormers_extra.sh3d). Maybe they can be of use?

ok

[Jan 24, 2016, 10:48:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved