Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18616 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
makeurmark

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Directory location of library?

I am running Sweet Home 3D on a mac - Yosemite.

I can't find the furniture or texture library.
I have followed the directory paths advise and I've searched for key words, but nothing.

I even tried searching for eteks as I am lead to believe that the library sits inside this folder.

I also tried showing hidden directories.

Any advise would be gratefully received.

Thanks
[Nov 25, 2015, 6:42:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Directory location of library?

You should open the About dialog box, then click on the Libraries... button it contains. This will display a Libraries in use panel where each listed library is actually an hyperlink on which you can click to show it in the Mac OS X Finder, Windows Explorer or Linux file browser.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 25, 2015, 11:11:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
makeurmark

Thanks Puybaret. I'd never have worked that out for myself.
Is there any ay of viewing each item rather than the library files?
Are there any resources on building your own furniature?
Thanks again
[Nov 25, 2015, 11:42:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
techdoctor

Spain

Just tried this and The libraries button only shows Textures and plugins. No furniture. So where is the furniture library stored on a Windows 10 machine
[Apr 2, 2019, 4:12:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Something like this should get you there:-
C:\username\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\furniture
[Apr 6, 2019, 9:18:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
coccobrillo

@Mike53
I have checked right now in my system

it is not such tricky :-)

it is just in
\Users\username\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D

I suppose it is the same in Mac OS
[May 20, 2019, 6:57:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

1. This program came with their default feature which are in their installation path; could be modified but is not so simple.
2. About dialog will show ONLY the imported plugins, furniture library and/or texture.

@techdoctor
If You see SOME texture and plugins in About dialog but no furniture library that's mean You've not import them; there is a lot on this site or on SourceForge.

@makeurmark
Of course it is but need some patience and work.
P.S.
I've spend 10 years with this great program and I don't discover (yet) all the features already provided by master Emmanuel and the community.
This forum is a real treasure for those who want to learn and use this program.

Anyway, keep asking. Someday You will be the one who offer answers to other new users.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[May 20, 2019, 6:20:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I've spend 10 years with this great program and I don't discover (yet) all the features already provided by master Emmanuel and the community.
This forum is a real treasure for those who want to learn and use this program.

Anyway, keep asking. Someday You will be the one who offer answers to other new users.

AMEN! This is how every community should work, but I've never seen an other one which works as great as this one - sometimes I feel like in a big family...

Dorins last phrase should be the credo of every forum - so everyone please write it deep in your hearts and live for it - also in real life!
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[May 20, 2019, 7:43:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
socrate_54

France

Hello,
I want to create a new Library for instance Tree.
I Don't want to use miscellaneous.

Do someone can help me?

Alain
[Jun 9, 2019, 3:15:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

1. You could download this library;
2. Import it in FurnitureLibraryEditor;
3. Change the category from "Exterior" to "Trees", save and install.
4. If You want You could add Your own trees before saving.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jun 9, 2019, 5:27:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved