Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 27
Posts: 27   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 34394 times and has 26 replies Next Thread
santbose

India
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Comparative global illumination

I am using a Windows 7 OS
[Jan 15, 2016, 5:13:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The two last properties can be set only in the coming version 5.2 (and not in Java Web Start version).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 15, 2016, 8:02:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand

A tutorial explaining the use of the plug-in is available here .

Thanks for writing up the tutorial.

I'm just starting to play with the plugin. Here is some feedback on the tutorial.

Because experimenting with different renderings is so slow, it would be helpful if the tutorial included some examples of good values from which to start as well as some indication or reasonable ranges to try.

It would also be good to describe some different specific example values with some explanation of the visual changes one might expect as well as some measure of the impact on rendering times (doubles, triples, ..). For example, does each increment of diffused-bounces increases rendering time linearly or exponentially? What is a good practical value for diffused-bounces, one that gives reasonable results for reasonable rendering times?

I'm currently trying 1 diffused bounce, which is taking quite along time for a 256x198 image (perhaps half an hour so far - it's taking so long I lost track). I can see that I will have to experiment with image sizes of less than 256x198 in future (AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T - 6 CPU cores).
[Jan 15, 2016, 8:38:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

I have downloaded the plugin 1.3 and using the portable version of SH3D 5.1. But am not able to select the filters and Sampler Algorithm. Neither the option Create photo with advanced render properties is working. Can you please help me and guide me how to use the plugin.

santbose,
For the portable version of Sweet Home 3D, place the SH3P file in the data/plugins folder.
You can test the 2 new rendering properties with the beta version of the Windows installer pending the official release of SH3D-5.2 .
EnkoNyito
[Jan 15, 2016, 9:00:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Because experimenting with different renderings is so slow, it would be helpful if the tutorial included some examples of good values from which to start as well as some indication or reasonable ranges to try.

digitaltrails,

The tutorial will not only describes the use of plug-in, it can be seen as a quick start guide for this one. This is why I generally indicates the influence of some parameters on the rendering time.
In this thread , it is specified how the complexity of a project (number and power of lights; transparency, relection, refraction or brightness of objects) increases the rendering time. The number of pixels of the image and the maximum value for antialiasing also have an influence.

Regarding the path tracing, here are some examples of tests that I had done. (full size)

antiliasing max = 0, difused bounces = 1, rendering time : 03mn 57,21s

antiliasing max = 1, difused bounces = 1, rendering time : 13mn 31,50s

With additional lights little powerful.

antiliasing max = 0, difused bounces = 1, rendering time : 07mn 25,41s

With additional lights little powerful.

antiliasing max = 1, difused bounces = 1, rendering time : 24mn 32,43s

You can choose difused bounces = 2 to enhance the brightness of a room while keeping the same antialiasing max.

Generally, I use antiliasing max = 0, diffused bounces = 0 and an image of size 2 times wider than I resizes to reduce noise (white dots).
EnkoNyito
[Jan 16, 2016, 2:25:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand

enkonyito:

Thanks for the additional examples, much appreciated.
[Jan 17, 2016, 8:00:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

At quality level 3 and 4, 3 rendering types are possible by modifying the properties.

Common settings: default values (quality 4)
Dimensions: 640x480 pixels

Default rendering

GlobalIllumination: default, diffusedBounces: 1

Contrasting rendering

GlobalIllumination: default or path, diffusedBounces: 0

Indirect rendering

GlobalIllumination: path, diffusedBounces: 1
EnkoNyito
[Aug 28, 2017, 11:51:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

The following Global Illuminations will be offered with the new version of the photo-video plug-in.

Fake Ambient Term 2 is not available with the standard version of Sweet Home 3D.

Enko
Attachment Cornell Box.sh3d (709349 bytes) (Download count: 441)

EnkoNyito
[Jul 12, 2019, 6:32:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

I like the path tracing, i do however find the jump from 16 sec to over 4 mins daunting, roughly 17 times longer, mmmmm.
Quality certainly comes at a cost
[Jul 12, 2019, 10:06:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maureenowaters

USA

Nice comparison.
[Oct 12, 2019, 3:43:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 27   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved