Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16115 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Tri-Level House

I just read the tutorial on building a swimming pool so I may go back and change it. It gave me a couple new ideas. wink
----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Nov 17, 2015, 4:14:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MimicaDreamer

How did you make the roof beams? I am thinking of that kind of sloaping roof windows on my hall. There is now, in my plan, roof windows but they are not caught in any roof beam, they only bee biggrin hanging in the air - and my house maid is afraiding so mutch - she didn´t dare to sleep wink
[Nov 18, 2015, 7:01:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

I've completely redone that pool. When I did the one in the screenshot I hadn't read the tutorial yet so I wasn't aware you could make the water semi-transparent.
The pool in the shot is only 6" deep (15.24 cm). The new one is 6' deep (182.88 cm) with sloping floors and I'm adding lights now.
It also has an underground pump room with a window into the pool, underwater.

I'll post some shots in a couple of days.
Hawk
[Nov 19, 2015, 7:05:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

How did you make the roof beams?

Sorry! I missed your post before.

I made the beams the same way I made the roof. Using walls. Then saved them as obj files and imported them.
Hawk
[Nov 19, 2015, 9:03:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MimicaDreamer

Thanks, now I have the roof window with beams in upstair. And what was good and the what I find too, was that the downstairs hall displayed. Now I can look the upstairs roof window in the downstair too, Yes!
[Nov 24, 2015, 7:55:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Here's another update to this house. Basically I just rebuilt the pool after reading the tutorial on building a swimming pool . I also added a playground for the kids and an underground pump room, with a window looking out into the pool.

Here's a night shot of it. By the way, this render took 6 hours and 16 minutes.

Here's a day shot from the same camera position. This render took 5 hours and 5 minutes.

Since the above shots took so long, I decided to just take a few screenshots in the 3D View instead of photos.
Here's an overhead of the pool and playground.
The shots following were resized to about 800 pixels wide to better fit the post width. The originals were 1280 pixels wide. The above two photos were rendered at 817 X 616.

In the tutorial it mentions using a triangle for the slope, but it didn't texture as good as I would have liked it to do (the texture was skewed diagonally on the top) so I used a wall to make the shallow flat surface and the slope, which textured a lot better. smile

Here's a shot of the access to the underground pump room.

A shot from the other end. I know, that's not a swimming pool filter/pump but it's the closest I could find without having to build one myself. laughing

A shot out into the pool. Credit for the curved window goes to OK Hoff . Thank you! biggrin

And finally an underwater shot.

This sh3d file is only about 70 MB, and since it takes so long to take photos I may call it quits on this project or simply take screenshots in 3D View in the future, if I do any more work on it.
I guess my system is just to under staffed - hardware-wise - to handle all this detail.
What I don't understand is my first project ended up being about 135 MB and it didn't take near as long to take a photo.
Hawk
[Edit 2 times, last edit by HawkDawg at Nov 24, 2015, 1:01:47 PM]
[Nov 24, 2015, 12:57:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

I guess only thing remaining is winning the lottery smile - looks very nice.
Credit for the curved window...
You are welcome, but it is hard (expensive) to find curved/laminated glass in real life.
..sh3d file is only about 70 MB... ...first project ended up being about 135 MB...
Biggest SH3D construction ever for me is < 2,5 MB (compressed). And that is a very detailed project. But I do pay a lot of attention to model / texture sizes. I suspect you could find some elements that account for most of the bloating. ok
[Nov 24, 2015, 2:35:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Biggest SH3D construction ever for me is < 2,5 MB (compressed). And that is a very detailed project. But I do pay a lot of attention to model / texture sizes. I suspect you could find some elements that account for most of the bloating. ok

I'm not so sure it's bloat. If you read this post I just made, if it were bloat then why would a photo taken in a 135 MB file take considerably less time than one taken from a 70 MB file?

I've also become more aware of model sizes too. In my first project I didn't pay any attention to model size. That's why it came out to 135 MB, and it's a much smaller project than the 70 MB house (this one)
Hawk
[Edit 1 times, last edit by HawkDawg at Nov 24, 2015, 3:09:30 PM]
[Nov 24, 2015, 3:04:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved