Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16099 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Tri-Level House

I think I might have got a little carried away with this latest project. When I added up all the rooms square footage it tallies up to 5774 sq. ft., without the decks and sunken storage. biggrin
The house isn’t quite finished yet so no one has moved in; hence the lack of furniture. There's still some painting and flooring to do and the plumber and electrician haven't finished yet, but here's where it stands so far.

This is a 4-bedroom, 4-full bath, 2-half bath house with kitchen, dining room and great room/formal living room with a den and office and a 2-car garage.

The section on the left, when facing the front of the house, is the master bedroom, master bath and laundry room above the garage and sunken storage (at 5 foot below ground with a 9 foot ceiling).
The middle section is the kitchen, dining room and great room at ground level.
The right 2-story section is one bedroom, office and den with 1 full bath and 2 half bath on the first floor. The second floor is 2 bedrooms with a full bathroom each.

The front of the house faces NW at latitude N 40.714, longitude W 74.006 (I only mention those particulars to highlight the capabilities of SH3D). BTW! If you look up those coordinates at Map Quest or Google Maps you'll see that the house won't actually fit at that location. That's because I forgot to change them from my previous project, shown in this topic . I should have moved this house out into the country, but it wouldn't have changed the sunrise/sunset much, if any.

Was that information overload? laughing

This shot was taken about 6:00 PM EST (GMT-5).

Here's the back of the house taken earlier that morning around 7:00 AM.

The kitchen/dining room taken at the same time that morning, facing the back of the house.

There's a broom closet under the stairs and a pantry behind the refrigerator.

Here's looking towards the front of the house from the dining room, taken about the same time as the first picture in this post.

This shot was taken at midnight from the inaccessible loft at the front of the house. Notice how the round window doesn't realize it's midnight? confused

Here's an aerial view of the garage and sunken storage area.

Ground level rooms.

Master bedroom at 4 foot above ground level.

The second story.

To highlight another capability of SH3D, here's some stairs I made using walls. This set is 5 feet high, going from the garage to the living room.

I also made 3 other sets of stairs in SH3D using walls. One the same height as the above but concrete, going from the garage to the side yard. One is 4 foot high, carpeted, going from the living room up to the master bedroom. The other is 8 foot high, carpeted, going to the second floor of the section on the right.
----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Nov 3, 2015, 1:31:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Tri-Level House

Was that information overload?
Not at all. Very nice house. ok
[Nov 3, 2015, 1:58:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you! smile
Hawk
[Nov 3, 2015, 2:10:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Very nice smile
536 m² is large, but it's the nice thing with Sweet Home 3D: you can design the house of your dreams without counting the price it will cost or the time it will take to clean! wink
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 3, 2015, 5:26:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

If someone can afford a house like that, they can afford to hire a few people to clean it. laughing

Around in this part of the country, that house would probably cost upwards of $750,000.00.
I'll never have the money to buy something like that. sad

Any idea why that round window won't show night time? It's the round window that comes with SH3D.
Hawk
[Edit 1 times, last edit by HawkDawg at Nov 3, 2015, 6:20:43 PM]
[Nov 3, 2015, 6:18:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Any idea why that round window won't show night time? It's the round window that comes with SH3D.
I wonder if it looks clear because it reflects partly the light in the house. Do you get the same result when you turn off the lights close to it?
[Nov 7, 2015, 9:55:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

I wonder if it looks clear because it reflects partly the light in the house. Do you get the same result when you turn off the lights close to it?

I didn't think of that. I'll check.
Hawk
[Nov 7, 2015, 10:54:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

OK! I did some testing. First, the settings.

Here's a shot of the virtual visit. Note in the windows on either side of the sliding door the horizon where the sky meets the ground.

Here's the first render with the lights in place.

and with the two track lights and the ceiling fan light closest to the wall hidden.

I then changed from the Big sun to the Very cloudy sky texture, thinking it might be the Big sun texture.

It looks like, for some reason, the ground is showing night but the sky isn't.
Hawk
[Nov 7, 2015, 12:32:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

A small update to this house.

Hawk
[Nov 16, 2015, 11:00:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Nice swimming pool! wink

As soon as you choose a texture for the sky, that texture will be used in the photo rendering. It would be too complicate to compute how much darker should be the sky texture according to the time of the day, and if the program would make it darker by itself, this wouldn't work if you wanted to display a sky with stars.
[Nov 17, 2015, 3:56:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved