Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14600 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
SH3D Paid Version

On the Installation Page of the website, it says this:
Extensible and saved furniture catalog containing 95 objects in the free version and 1025 objects in the paid version

Extensible and saved textures catalog containing 26 images in the free version and 236 images in the paid version

but I can't find anything on the website about a paid version, other than the donation link.

How much does the paid version cost?
----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Oct 7, 2015, 9:28:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

Re: SH3D Paid Version

I think you may have misread it.

There is an Online Version of SH3D where you can go on with a browser and build a home from there. But it is free to use as far as I know. Its link is: http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3DOnline.jsp

(LOL! It errorred on me but it's my fault as I have Java 1.5 on this machine I'm posting on! The error is: "Please, install first Java 6 or higher to run Sweet Home 3D Online.")

I can see Amazon and the Apple Store charging for it, but they would have to include all the textures, furniture and additional programs from the download page; and put the programs into a neat little package, but that's them doing that. SH3D is free to download and use, and much of the additional textures and furniture are also free through the links eTek provides.

Model (Furniture) Link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d/files/SweetHome3D-models/
Textures Link (Newer links has the older ones in it):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d/files/SweetHome3D-textures/

Check out "Other Links" for assorted files and information on the SH3d Download Page: http://www.sweethome3d.com/download.jsp

Donation is an option, which I'll do one day when I got the cash. These people are a lot of information and support for free, they should be rewarded for their work.
[Oct 7, 2015, 4:12:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

HawkDawg, the links for the paid version are only for the installer version, and are visible in Is Sweet Home 3D free? section of the FAQ and the Download page for Windows users and some Mac OS X users when it applies (it mustn't be the case for ElfenM who runs a version of Mac OS X that doesn't support the paid version available in the Mac App Store).
As explained by ElfenM, the Online version includes the free 3D models and textures libraries available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d/files/SweetHome3D-models/ and http://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d/files/SweetHome3D-textures/.
These libraries are also included in the paid version.

For more details about why I chose to distribute also some paid versions along with the GNU GPL versions, please read this thread and the OpenCandy offers removed from Windows installer section in this article of the blog.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 7, 2015, 6:17:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

So if I understand correctly, the paid version at Amazon gives you all the freely available models and textures that can be downloaded individually.

If this is the case, there's a lot of those models that I don't particularly need, and I've pretty much already downloaded everything available that I want.

Since I'm assuming Amazon takes a percentage of the sales, it seems to me I would be better off donating the same amount (actually I was thinking of donating a little more), letting you keep more of the money.

I can create my own textures and models when needed (I use 3DCanvas and have already created a couple minor things I needed), but I'm really more interested in the building architecture than interior design so the models aren't as important to me as they are to others.

I will say though, that I really like this program and feel a donation is aptly due. smile
Hawk
[Oct 7, 2015, 9:49:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

By the way: Thank you for doing away with Open Candy. That would have been a real turn off for me. smile

I first installed 5.0 but have just updated to 5.1, the installer, with the Java stuff, since the latest version of Java won't install on XP.
Hawk
[Oct 7, 2015, 10:07:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Since I'm assuming Amazon takes a percentage of the sales, it seems to me I would be better off donating the same amount [...]
Yes, as Amazon and Apple takes 30% of the price, and as VAT doesn't apply to donations, a much larger part of the money you'll spend will end up in the hands of Sweet Home 3D project if you donate. Thanks for your support! smile
[Oct 8, 2015, 10:09:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

I just sent you a little beer money for all your work on this great program. wink

It looks like Pay Pal is running a little slow these past few days so you should get it soon.
Hawk
[Oct 8, 2015, 12:57:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your donation smile
[Oct 8, 2015, 8:42:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you for your hard work, resulting in a great program.
Hawk
[Oct 8, 2015, 10:53:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Chris064

Germany

After successfully using the free version for quite a while, I have finally purchased the paid version from Amazon yesterday. This was just a matter of convenience, as I didn't want to manually grab all the 3d models I need.

However, the plugins I have been using with the free version (e.g. Advanced Editing) don't seem install in the paid version (currently 5.01). This is a major downside, as I urgently need these additional features.

Is there a way to get the plugins installed under the paid version?

Thanks a lot for a really great piece of software and your support.

Best regards
Christoph
[Oct 16, 2015, 10:06:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved