Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 54
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 224029 times and has 53 replies Next Thread
masapri

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
DirectX driver issues in windows 10

how to solve this?
"sweet home 3d will exit now because of fatal error in the 3d rendering system of your computer. please update the directX/openGL drivers of your computer graphic card."
i use windows 10 and my graphic card is updated
thanks
[Sep 28, 2015, 10:25:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: DirectX driver issues in windows 10

Did you check the FAQ on this error? Even if there is no instruction on Win10, there might be something there to help you. ok
[Sep 28, 2015, 12:40:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
renniw11

I have the similar unsolved Direct x driver issues in windows 10.

Sweet Home 3D 5.0 works very well on my HP G62 with Windows 7 but fails to work with Windows 10. During start up a Direct x error message indicating it needs to be updated, is displayed and the application aborts. When checking Windows 10 with dxdiag from the command line it indicates Direct x 10 is running normally and no updates are currently available. Yet on Windows 7 dxdiag indicates newer Direct x 11 is running normally.

The issue appears to be the limited Windows 10 and Intel support for the Mobile Intel 4 Graphic Chip (GMA 4500) used in this HP G62 laptop. Yet Window 10 works with the 3G Pass Mark test which appears to use Direct x 10 3D graphics without issues. Also except for Sweet Home 3D 5.0, Windows 10 works well so far.

Is there some way for getting Windows 10 and Sweet Home 3D to work on a HP G62 laptop equipped with an Intel GMA 4500 graphic chip set? Would appreciate any suggestions to get it working.
[Sep 28, 2015, 3:06:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Please keep us posted on this issue and the similar(?) one in Sourceforge Bugs 622. My Win 10 misgivings increasing. ok
[Sep 28, 2015, 4:13:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vidium

United States

I'm very disappointed there is no SweetHome 3D fix for this error in Windows 10.

I just installed Windows 10 on two PC's and all is beautiful.

I'm surprised!I have many graphic and architectural programs 'but only SH3D' gives this errormessage regarding "DirctX/OpenGL".

What is the solution for the millions who are upgrading to Windows 10??
[Mar 13, 2016, 4:32:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Everything works well for me here and for thousands of other Sweet Home 3D users.
Did you try to run Sweet Home 3D in 32 bit like proposed in the FAQ? Or run older versions?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 13, 2016, 10:32:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Nitemare

Spain

Same problem for me. Sweet Home 3D was running ok in Windows 7 64 bits on a Intel Express Q35 and now, in Windows 10 64 bits, it doesn't start and it shows same message that masapri posted.

I tried with Java Web Start using 32 bit Java VM and it works ok.
[Mar 16, 2016, 8:36:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rhonahes

I downloaded Version 5.2 to my Windows 10 Laptop. An error message displays immediately about Direct x and the application aborts. Being simply a user who would like to make house plans and not a computer geek, is there any remedy? Rhona
[Mar 19, 2016, 5:08:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vidium

United States

Hi Rhona, I have loved Sweethome for years and it's simply awesome! However this Windows 10 issue is going to be a killer to most 'non-tech users'.

Emmanuuel gave a FAQ link (see above), installing Java JRE. Then @Nightmare says it was solved with Java VM. It's quite confusing however and it's not easy to install I think.

Someone really needs to post a clear "Step-By-Step" to install the Java 32 into Windows 10 until there's a fix.

This SH3D has such potential, but this W10 issue could slow it's use dramatically.
[Mar 19, 2016, 11:21:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rhonahes

Thanks for replying. I've got Java Version 8 Update 73, if that means anything!
[Mar 20, 2016, 11:17:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved