Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2893 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
swave

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Select items in full house

Hello

I often have the problem that I need to select different items in a house with rooms, walls and furniture. The furniture items I can select in the furniture list, but I can not combine them with a wall. And in the 2D view I can select a wall but not add a window or a furniture. The only way is area selection in the 2D view but that may not work with other walls, rooms and furniture around it. I don't know how many times I have accidentally moved a wall or a room because I just wanted to select some items.

Is there a second list for walls (like the furniture list) or some other way to select items of different types (for moving, exporting etc)?

Thanks
[Sep 23, 2015, 11:43:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SnakeGB

Re: Select items in full house

right click and select lock base plan this locks all walls and floors, if you want to be able to select them again simply do the same but select unlock base plan.
[Sep 24, 2015, 8:40:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
swave

That won't help me. The problem is the selecting itself.
[Sep 25, 2015, 5:58:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

To the best of my knowledge, there is no list of walls and other construction elements.

But if you select the items you want from the furniture pane (multiple select using CTRL), and then select the walls form the 2D pane with SHIFT, you can combine and copy. In fact, using area select with combinations of CTRL and SHIFT does let you select multiple different elements.

Or am I missing something?
[Sep 25, 2015, 9:36:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
swave

I always tried with CTRL which is the "GUI" way for selecting single elements, SHIFT is normally for consecutive elements (think file manager). But I'll try it with SHIFT.

Still a list of walls would help a lot to quickly select a wall e.g. if it is out of view or very small to hit with the mouse or to select walls that are not next to each other or to check several pieces if the coordinates/sizes match up etc.

Thanks
[Sep 25, 2015, 1:13:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..SHIFT is normally for consecutive elements...
The thought has occurred to me too, but I suspect there may be a reason for this in SH3D (?). Anyway, now I am used to it and selecting copying and pasting all sorts of combinations is easy. In fact, learning how to select, de-select toggling lock-plan, area select and item select with SHIFT / CTRL was time well spent for me.

I see the point with a list of walls, rooms etc. but I doubt it would of much help to me (too much information).

ok
[Sep 25, 2015, 3:24:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved