Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1614 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
joe123

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
export/import to some text format?

Hello,

I am trying to draw an existing building as exactly as possible. The problem here is that it is really hard to position the walls exactly. The problem here is two-fold:
1. during the drawing, the coordinates are not shown, so positioning the endpoints of the walls is very arbitrary.
2. There is no way to enter the coordinates via keyboard.
3. When walls are moved, often connected walls are moved also, and accurately positioned walls change angles etc/pp

So I tried to export into .obj format, which looks as it would be very easy to edit by some script (perl, python, whatever)

But I can't find how to import .obj as a plan. Importing .obj seems to be supported only for furniture?

Any suggestions?
[Sep 22, 2015, 10:26:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: export/import to some text format?

1. during the drawing, the coordinates are not shown, so positioning the endpoints of the walls is very arbitrary.
2. There is no way to enter the coordinates via keyboard.
3. When walls are moved, often connected walls are moved also, and accurately positioned walls change angles etc/pp

I always enter accurate co-ordinates with Plan-Modify wall (or double-click wall).

If one wall is drawn first, modified to accurate co-ordinates, magnetism will help aligning the subsequent walls (or use ENTER to insert length/angle while drawing). To avoid connected walls moving together, cut-paste the wall to release the wall(s) from connected walls. Walls can then be joined later with (Plan-Connect walls, advanced plugin). Also, using SHIFT and/or CTRL when moving/duplicating walls, is useful to move in straight angles.

ok
[Sep 23, 2015, 9:34:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved