Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2720 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
ElfenM

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Wall with 2 textures and center molding

Some of the Pre-War building (tenements) in NYC have walls that have a molding that sticks out about an inch or so from 3 or 4 feet from the floor and the texture above is different from the different from the texture below the molding.

How can this effect be replicated?

Here's an example (that I can find in color) somebody got from the NYC Tenement Muesum at the bottom of the stairs on the left side, but also the same idea continues up the stairs with another different texture:
http://www.monica-suma.com/wp-content/uploads...rcase-Tenement-Museum.jpg
[Sep 15, 2015, 8:24:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
swave

Re: Wall with 2 textures and center molding

There's a thread about walls with two textures, maybe that gives you some ideas.
[Sep 18, 2015, 2:41:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

Got a link for it?

Thanks.
[Sep 18, 2015, 4:43:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
victonymaz

Okay this pic is over simplified due to texture limitations on the laptop I'm using but if I'm on the right track I'll be happy to explain the process.

[Sep 18, 2015, 7:06:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

Please do. This looks great.
[Sep 19, 2015, 4:01:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

BTW - I'm using a PowerPC G4 Based Mac PowerBook Laptop for much of the work with only 512MB RAM on OSX 10.4; a Dual CPU G5 for larger renderings.

Yes, I do have a DuoCore2 Mac Mini and a couple i3 PCs, but I prefer the older machines and except for 1 flaw, SH3D works great on them. The flaw is the navigation buttons you have on your display is missing on the older PowerPC Macs. Other than that, it works fine!
[Sep 19, 2015, 4:08:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
swave

Here's a thread about two textures on a wall and links to other threads:

http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,5774
[Sep 21, 2015, 11:52:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved