Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9997 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
ElfenM

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Awful Dithering and Blurring on Render

It's what it says. 1200X966 should be a "big" screen/file and this was on Quality setting before Best.

System: PowerPC G4 on OSX 10.4 w/512MB RAM.

With movies, they seem to come out OK though take forever to render though I do not mind, I leave the system alone to figure it out. But this photo rendering - DAMN!

I can see where it is improving things (like Lighting, shadows, and detailed textures) but it is otherwise unusable. Compare:

Screenshot of SH3D of room:
http://www.hondosackett.com/Fernando/3DVirtua...st%20Screen%20Capture.png

Rendering of same room with it's problems:
http://www.hondosackett.com/Fernando/3DVirtua...Render%20Test%20Photo.png
[Sep 14, 2015, 1:08:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Awful Dithering and Blurring on Render

From the blurred red object at the left, it seems that you use the Depth of field lens which causes object out of focus to be blurred (focus is done at 2.5m). If it's the case use the default lens (and rendering goes faster).
After that, the 3rd quality level doesn't produce super clean pictures but renderings at that quality are computed much faster. The easiest way to have a cleaner image at the same quality level is to set a twice larger size for the image, then reduce its size with an image editor (maybe even old versions of Preview can do that).

By the way, it's good to know that keeping Sweet Home 3D able to run under Mac OS X 10.4 is still useful! smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Sep 14, 2015, 6:47:12 PM]
[Sep 14, 2015, 11:55:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

The Red Object is one of the Fire Extinguishers from the furniture library.

I'm glad that SH3D does run on Mac OSX 10.4, or I would never had used it (Forget what Java version it has though). I'm a Mac Boy since 1984 - Literally, but use PCs because that is where the money is at. Though I have newer Macs and PCs, the PowerPC Mac is my "Everyday Driver." I only take the other machines out for testing, interviews and demonstrations.

That image is the "living room" from a Summer Camp Cabin another friend had me digitize, they are all going to be refurbished during the winter. And that Log Wall was a texture I created from a few images I found on Google and Photoshopped together. I have a couple os such "homemade" textures and might be releasing them to the library for all to share in a month or two. They need to be cleaned up (there's a black vertical line on it when it goes past a certain length which is a size/photoshop error on my end; that length does not show up in this room.

I'll try it out and see what happens, though it might not be for a couple of days; it's going to be a busy week for me.

Many thanks!
[Sep 14, 2015, 5:22:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

Puybaret , Thanks a lot! I've done small 600X600 images with the settings you stated and it works great! I'm still playing around with the settings for larger images and will post what I get later on.
[Sep 15, 2015, 8:49:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved