Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 38
Posts: 38   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 98343 times and has 37 replies Next Thread
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Other rendering quality levels

Version 1.3 of the plug-in incorporates 2 new rendering properties (filter and samplerAlgorithm) from SH3D-5.2 .

----------------------------------------
Attachment configureSunflowRenderingEngine.pdf (227128 bytes) (Download count: 2923) (Configure the SunFlow rendering engine with Sweet Home 3D version 4.0 and higher.)

EnkoNyito
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enkonyito at Jan 15, 2016, 8:30:17 PM]
[Jan 13, 2016, 2:20:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

FYI, for anyone looking for detailed information on the SunFlow rendering engine, a PDF copy of the old SunFlow Wiki can be found here.
[Jan 13, 2016, 8:47:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

A couple of interesting examples of use in thread 6462. ok
[Jan 26, 2016, 8:15:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
anhmax

Thank Enkonyito a lot,
this plug-in helped me solve my question: "how to put shininess on furniture without reflecting the lights". Now I can set "shiny" on object such as TV screen without lights on it. We can look at the TV screen and the wall behind to see the effect.
Here is my image:

My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM1mqUjGRtD4uCXX5qzgG3w
[Jan 26, 2016, 5:25:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Glad to know this plug-in is also useful to others. wink
EnkoNyito
[Jan 27, 2016, 4:21:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Version 1.3.1
- Settings backup when saving the project

Option also available for the photo plug-in .
EnkoNyito
[Jul 7, 2016, 6:25:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

In case of problems with previous links (unavailability of sourceforge), use the one attached.
Attachment AdvancedSettings_PhotoRendering-1.3.1.sh3p (23044 bytes) (Download count: 901)

EnkoNyito
[Jul 13, 2016, 4:44:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Re: Other rendering quality levels (Advanced settings of photo rendering plug-in)

Here is additional information on the interactions between parameters:

- For globalIllumination = default, no difference in rendering for diffusedBounces > 1
- For antiAliasing.max = 0 and samplerAlgorithm = multipass, anti-aliasing
- For antiAliasing.max >= 1 and samplerAlgorithm = multipass, identical anti-aliasing regardless of the value of antiAliasing.max
- For antiAliasing.max >= 1 and samplerAlgorithm = ipr or fast, no anti-aliasing
- For filter = box, no anti-aliasing regardless of the value of antiAliasing.max
- For samplerAlgorithm = fast, ipr or multipass, same filter effect regardless of the chosen type

To avoid confusion, safeguards will be put.

According to the BucketRenderer.java file, antiAliasing.max is limited to 5.
EnkoNyito
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enkonyito at Nov 6, 2016, 1:40:15 PM]
[Nov 5, 2016, 11:41:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US
Re: Other rendering quality levels (Advanced settings of photo rendering plug-in)

Disinterring this thread because i'm not finding the answers to a simple question: what do all the parameters mean both in definition and in application?

Can you provide the ranges for the values in each field and some examples of their effects?

I've done some reading in wikipedia (there are some dead-end links in this and other threads here), and gotten an idea of the theory, but i'm still not grasping how values used by this plugin will affect a rendering.

For example, i know what anti-aliasing is and i learned what photon mapping is and the definition of caustics, but what values do i put in the fields of this plugin? Is the 'caustics' value a Boolean, does it need a range between 0 and 1, are the effects linear or exponential (or something else)?

More examples and correct ranges would be very helpful. I would also like to know these parameters' effects on rendering times.
[Sep 24, 2018, 5:22:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@harbinger
Disinterring this thread because i'm not finding the answers to a simple question: what do all the parameters mean both in definition and in application?

This old plug-in, although functional is no longer maintained, allows to modify the parameters of the Sunflow rendering engine directly in Sweet Home 3D from the PhotoRenderer.properties file.
For more information, you will find here the document "Configure the SunFlow rendering engine" detailing the definitions of each parameter.
(String or numeric values are editable from the arrows)
EnkoNyito
[Sep 25, 2018, 3:22:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 38   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved