Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7207 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
TwistedLincoln

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Allow 3D window to be hidden, or at least minimized

I like the fact that the 3D view can be moved to a separate window, however there is no way to minimize it. Given that it is often desirable to work with the plan view in fullscreen, it would be great to be able to hide the 3D view entirely with a toggle of some kind.

I've currently been launching Sweethome3d with the 3D view disabled, but I have to save and relaunch in order to bring it back, which is less than ideal.
[Jul 9, 2015, 10:42:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Re: Allow 3D window to be hidden, or at least minimized

----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jul 10, 2015, 8:54:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TwistedLincoln

I don't have those handles in my version (running on Linux using IceTea Java), however I have been manually dragging the window areas to the bottom and side as a workaround. It's hardly as quick and easy as a toggle though.
[Jul 13, 2015, 9:24:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

I know this won't work for most folks but I have 3 monitors so I just set the 3D View to a separate window then move it to a different monitor.
----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Oct 16, 2015, 4:32:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

I did that until 5.x; now, SH3D shuts down with a DirectX error if any of its component windows touches the third display. (Displays 1 and 2 are supported by one graphics adaptor, with Display 3 driven by either a second card or mobo video.

That 'or' should tell you how inconvenienced I've been by this issue: I know there's most likely an updated driver available for the secondary graphics that would fix the problem, but I still haven't gotten around to dealing with it.

However, until it dawned on me what was happening and how to bypass it, it *was* a PITA -- as all my plans in progress opened across all three monitors, any attempt to edit a plan resulted in the application shutting down. (Solution? Disable the third monitor in the OS and then open and re-save the desired plan.) I'd meant to post a quick note that would turn up for searches on 'DirectX error' in hopes of saving others some grief, but forgot until your post tweaked me.
[Dec 5, 2015, 5:11:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved