Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7035 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
franck2k5

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Home project

Hello All,

My sister and I have have a small field in our home country (Yaounde, Cameroun) ,and I started thinking what we should do of it.

I have no knowledge in architectural design, and I started using sweet home 3D a week ago, so you might see some aberrations in the project ^^.

The project is here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qskscrhwome1bhc/AADElwtCgQMigwEWRh6x4157a?dl=0

As a context, we agreed that we will do 2 appartments (i'm the one on top, my sister's is at floor level).
The shape of the field does not help, but I tried to make the best use of it (I think ?).
There will be other houses on the east and north side (We assume the one at the north will be pretty far from the wall, but the one at the east will certainly be really close).
There will be nothing on the west side, and the road is on the south side.

Do you thing it's possible to do something like that ?
Any idea on how to improve space usage ?

Thanks in advance :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qskscrhwome1bhc/AADElwtCgQMigwEWRh6x4157a?dl=0
[Jun 14, 2015, 1:30:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Home project

Nice plan. As I am also no architect, I hesitate to give advice on the layout or design, but it does seem that you are making very much of the space you have at your disposal. (Even if I think you should let your sister have some furniture and windows too smile ).

But to get a better impression of the final result, maybe you could:
  • add some texture to the outer wall,
  • put on a roof (on a new level so it does not interfere),
  • indicate possible neighbouring houses with boxes (that you can group and hide with the visible checkbox),
  • set compass (it seems to be set to northern France), Yaoundé should be N 3,9 E 11,5 something and timezone GMT +1 (using the European time-zone CET or Paris, might give you a daylight-saving offset in the summer),
  • with correct compass will make photo rendering can give you an idea of light and shade (you can also do a full sunlight simulation).
As to whether the project is possible, that is pretty hard to tell without knowing local regulations and standards. But making a similar building (maybe with slightly thicker outer walls and floors) certainly looks doable. But, a good builder/architect will be a better judge of possible snags: To take one example, meeting the requirements to a staircase is often a challenge: the spiral staircase in your plan is narrow / steep to serve as main access to the first floor. Fire escape, fall hazard, disability access - lots of considerations. The diameter would need to be roughly 40 cm wider to have an ascent line in the middle of the staircase of < 42°, the balusters are too far a part to prevent a child to fall through / get head stuck).

But don't let details put you off. The concept is great. And please keep posting progress. Fun to see. Best of luck.

ok
[Jun 15, 2015, 10:30:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
franck2k5

Thanks for the advices :)

I'll try to implemented them and post an update.

Didn't know there was way to simulate sunlight in the software.
That's something I'm afraid of, for the lower level.
[Jun 16, 2015, 10:09:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
franck2k5

Hello again,

I've made some of the suggested changes, and uploaded a new project (project 2)

Thanks for the info on the compass. I made some photos with sunlight simulation. it's not as lit as I would have wished, but it seems ok.

I actually add a new idea that I also uploaded (project 4).
It still work in progress but I think it's a better use of the space.
[Jun 22, 2015, 7:58:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

I like the thought of putting the cars away on one side - possibly in a garage. But your sister is getting less and less space... Did you consider splitting the home vertically?

Looking forward to seeing the final result.

ok

PS. The open door in the thick walls messes with the scale of the frame is not equal to the door - a known phenomenon. For workaround, search forum or see SF 3D models 334.
[Jun 24, 2015, 4:14:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
franck2k5

Hello All,

I made few progress since the last time.

Actually, I changed my initial idea :).

I think a better use of that space will be to build only one house.

I'll try to post the new model (no more space in my dropbox, need to delete some files).

But right now, I have one bug : When in aerial view, I see all the levels (2) of the house, but when in first person view, I only see level 0.

Is this a common bug ? Any Idea on how to solve it ?

thanks in advance :)
[Jul 26, 2015, 10:56:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Are you sure it is a bug? Hard to tell without having a look at the file. ok
[Jul 27, 2015, 9:48:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
franck2k5

Hi,

Actually, I'm not sure.

I did a quick check this morning before leaving to work : I copied all the elements of my model and pasted it in a new file.

It seems to have solved the issue.

I'll check again tonight.
[Jul 27, 2015, 10:49:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
franck2k5

Well, Actually, no, it didn't solve the issue ^^.

Here is a link to OneDrive with the latest model.

I think it might be one element I added which is causing the issue.

http://1drv.ms/1OLMjwS
[Jul 27, 2015, 8:00:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GerardCouvert

France

Bonjour,
Je vous répond en français car je suppose qu vous le parlez ; je vais essayer de répondre dans la semaine à votre demande.
Je suis un ancien du lycée Leclerc, j'habitai sur la route du mont Fébé ...
Espérant votre réponse.

Gérard
[Aug 21, 2015, 7:58:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved