Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15535 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
ElfenM

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Houses Needed for VR Game

It is! We'd love to see what you have! The game has just been greenlit on steam as well!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=511809850

I'll put them on online when I get home tonight. One of two I have is a Summer Camp Cabin (the type used on Sweep away Camp) and the other is 2 studios and a 1 bedroom, apartment block made from shipping containers.
[Sep 16, 2015, 7:16:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

Here it is: http://www.hondosackett.com/Fernando/3DVirtualHomes/Game/3Houses.zip

3 'Houses', 1 is 2 studio apartments and 1 Bedroom apartment using 4 8ft/20ft cargo trailer boxes; 1 is a summer camp log-cabin with an attic storage area; and the last as a 2 story 1/bedroom house with an attic (counted as the 2nd floor) and a basement. Kitchens and bathrooms are intact but lighting, windows, doors and furniture were removed.

I did run into a problem - there is no "empty window frame" in SH3D, so I used a service hatch and stretched out to make an empty window frame out of it. Hope that works for you.

I also removed the ladder to the attic space in the summer cabin, as it was stretched out and ugly looking; if you use the cabin, I hope you can put a ladder there to access the attic. The texture for the logs used in the cabin I created from searched googled images and photoshop. I have no problems if they are used in the game.
[Sep 18, 2015, 5:32:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nate1380

Thanks Elfen! The log cabin is pretty cool. We might have to hide that in a woodsy corner of a neighborhood for a player to stumble upon. :)
[Sep 22, 2015, 7:55:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

Thank you!
[Sep 23, 2015, 6:15:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nate1380

For those interested. Here's what Veronique's awesome little flat that she featured in her latest blog (http://www.sweethome3d.com/blog/2015/08/29/how_to_design_a_mezzanine.html) looks like in the game....we added on a garage. :)

[Sep 23, 2015, 7:20:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nate1380

Also, here's the updated versions of the other examples in the gallery.

Example 7:

Example 8:

[Sep 23, 2015, 7:30:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved