Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8326 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Bricks 'n' Tiles

I recently stumbled across an application that creates seamless architectural textures. I've only used it a couple of times, but it seems reasonably solid. Briefly, you feed into it a collection of images -- for instance, of variously sized floor tiles -- tell it what size final image to generate, and optionally tweak a few other variables, and it generates a texture based on your inputs. The publisher provides examples of brick, stone, tile, parquet, and wood plank textures suitable for use on walls or floors. For use with renderers other than that integral to sh3d, the application can generate accompanying normal, specular, and bump maps; it also supports special texture types to support brick borders, arches, vaults, and columns.

Admittedly, it's of most interest to those of us who ignore Emmanuel's excellent advice to avoid using overly large texture files (although I guess it will create 512x512 seamless tiles -- but why?). If you don't mind thrashing your PC mercilessly, though, Bricks 'n' Tiles is definitely worth a look.

Oh, a free version of the application supports unlimited, full featured, non-commercial use; for everyone else, licensing starts at $45/user.

http://www.bricksntiles.com/
[May 21, 2015, 1:57:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SnakeGB

Re: Bricks 'n' Tiles

Sounded Good But wont work on my pc, when I had a look wont work on windows 7 :(
[May 21, 2015, 4:51:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Strange.... I didn't have any problem getting it to work under Ubuntu, using Wine.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 21, 2015, 5:37:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

A little belated, but I just noticed the Bricks 'n' Tiles site suggests setting the application to use Windows XP Compatibility Mode* should it fail to run under Win7 or higher.

* Go to the directory where you installed the executable and right-click on the .exe file. Under the 'Compatibility' tab, check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows XP" in the drop-down box. As always, Your Mileage May Vary.
[Oct 25, 2015, 4:50:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved