Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 116
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 704425 times and has 115 replies Next Thread
storm88

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.0

Plase add option to print (and export to PDF) multiple levels at once (preferably only those visible)
also requested here: http://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/feature-requests/607/
[Jun 19, 2015, 9:03:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight, the Beta 8 brings the ability to draw free polylines, with various line options.
As the new Plan > Create polylines menu item will sum up how to use it, I let you discover this new feature by yourself. If you want to perform a quick test, you can also download the file attached to this email.

Hope you'll like it! smile
----------------------------------------
Attachment PolylinesTest.sh3d (3436 bytes) (Download count: 811) (Some examples of polylines)

Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 23, 2015, 9:01:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

You've been busy smile Cannot wait to try polylines and text. Congrats. Go rest - it is - according to sun simulation - the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere. ok
[Jun 23, 2015, 9:32:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Very good!
If it can show in 3D is better.
If it can support a line from thin to thick is better.

[Jun 24, 2015, 2:26:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
santbose

India

Very Good.
I also second YGYL for his second point regarding the visibility of the polyline in 3D also. It will then almost solve my problem of drawing game line marking of various sports fields and courts like Basketball, Tennis, Football, Soccer etc. I feel it will not be very difficult for you Puybaret. Thanks in advance.
[Jun 24, 2015, 6:24:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry, I don't think I'll add 3D support for polylines in the coming version. It's not so easy and there are workarounds.

I just released the Beta 9 to fix an annoying bug that prevented to select polylines which belong to the default level, once you add a level in the home (there was no problem is the home to which you added polylines had already some levels). Hope nobody encountered this issue!
It fixes also the issue in 3D texts displaying an italic font reported by SnakeGB.
[Jun 24, 2015, 10:28:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
storm88

Grat work Puybaret!

I noticed a bug: when you have multiple levels and areal view and "select all levels" the 3D view will not zoom to currently selected level, but keeps zoom to upper level. in 4.x this worked correctly
[Jun 24, 2015, 10:51:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Yes, great. Would not mind export selection only to SVG, but it is of course easy to copy to an empty file.

FYI: As for fonts, I do not worry too much. Kind of would have liked html formatting (for myself, that is - I guess it would be fairly useless for most users). A pleasant surprise was that characters like: ° ± © ™ ª « ¬ ® work well. Some however, display only in 3d view, like: ↑ ∼ ∠ ♣. I also noticed:
1) Symbol (alternate char) fonts do not display (2d&3d).
2) Long strings make 3d font quality deteriorate.
Not going to pose any problems for me in practice.

ok

Win 8.1
Version 5.0 Beta 9 Java version 1.8.0_45 / 32 bit / 0.6 GB max

[Jun 24, 2015, 12:38:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Beta 10 improves font rendering in the 3D view. Now the size of the generated texture image is always between 256² and 512² pixels, so if the text size is small, its texture image will be still not too small in the 3D view, and if the text is very long, the width and height of its texture image will be computed in a way their product is at worse 512² (which already requires 1 MB in memory!). In the previous version, the quality deteriorated quickly with the length of the text because the longest size (width or height) was never larger than 512 pixels.
A text with ↑ ∼ ∠ ♣ symbols was correctly displayed in the plan and the 3D view on my side. I guess your issue as well as the one with Symbol characters might depend on the font you use and the system. Just for the fun, I tried to render this small text with the photo creation tool. wink

SnakeGB, I hope the two issues you reported on 3D texts will work better now (I noticed that from far away, letters like g, p, q... with a drawing below text baseline may still generate a small artifact at the top of the 3D text, but I'm not sure I can still improve it).
[Jun 24, 2015, 6:11:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Very good. Nice render.
512²
More than enough. For longer texts one would probably use several text boxes anyway.
I guess your issue as well as the one with Symbol characters might depend on the font you use and the system.
Fonts, copyright and system differences really is a history to itself. In a drawing (and in the forum, amazingly, at least with my browser font set) these relatively standard characters seem to be pretty universal with many fonts:
² ³ ¼ ½ ¾ ° © ™ ® § × ÷ ± √ ∼
← ↑ → ↓ ↔ ↵ ∠ ∑ ⊕ ⊗

Which again means, lots of information like arrows can now be displayed in the 3D window just using (larger font) text: → --› --->
Pretty nice and may even cover most needs (mine, anyway). With the right font, wall symbols get even better. Nice.

However, a tool-tip with angle and distance on the dimensions tool, maybe even also angle relative to North, would be even better for actual construction, though. Especially as the number on the dimension line now is often out of the screen when positioning exactly. But maybe that is just me having spent too much time with maps smile

ok
[Jun 24, 2015, 10:17:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved