Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 116
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 704485 times and has 115 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.0

..regression in Export to OBJ format feature..-
Thanks, and no worries. Hardly a problem. It is the first time I have ever come across something in a SH3D beta that impedes (my) usage (albeit not a central one). And that really is impressive. I have done beta tests (of simpler software) that have taken down networks and killed off operating systems for good. Beta testing SH3D is a very safe exercise. Good luck with finalising.
..Add point to room and Delete point from room...
No secret that I would wish for access to more properties in the Modify furniture dialogue (even if it means in interface disturbance). But the room-points editing is an interesting example. Adding SVG cut-outs suddenly became slightly less important. Now it is tempting to adjust the room instead of going back to the Furniture Library Editor and adjust the SVG. Easier just to fix the room. As long as there is no button that lets the user edit the full range of properties. Just one button that opened the text file with properties, now that would be fantastic for users who want control (everyone else could be warned off). ok
[Jun 9, 2015, 8:30:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
storm88

Great work! I especially love the ability to modify furniture in groups.

- as aleady mentioned, I too would really appreciate faster option to hide/show levels, perhaps doubleclicking the level tab and/or some keyboard shortcut
- keyboard shortcut for switching levels please :) With the layers, one can get loads of them.
- furniture gets disorganized if you group and ungroup furnitures across multiple levels. This is a bug I noticed in earlier versions; grouping them will cause you can see furniture from different levels (somehow expected behavior) but ungrouping them back does not fix the problem. Now since grouping really makes sence, It'd be grat if I could group staff in different levels.
[Jun 11, 2015, 8:41:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Today, the Beta 5 brings Plan > Make level unviewable / viewable menu item and the ability to add or delete an object in a group. Furniture can be added in the currently selected group either with Furniture > Add to group or Edit > Paste to group menu items. So, if you want to move some furniture to a group, just select that furniture, cut it, select the destination group and choose Paste to group.
I guess you would have loved to be able to do the same thing with a simple drag and drop, but this sounds quite too complicate to manage, just when the moved furniture comes from different levels. Note also that if you delete all the furniture of a group, the group itself will be deleted.
Please, be sure to test this feature, including weird moves and undos/redos. I tested many combinations, but I could have forgotten some special cases.

This new beta fixes also the regression in Export to OBJ format feature, a small bug in the management of selection in groups, and it disallows to change the visibility of objects in a group to avoid a too complicated management of the size and elevation of a partially visible group.

dorin, the fact that you can't group a text with some furniture is a good point to push me to add a Color item in the Modify text style menu. Will see...

digitaltrails, you're right, managing baseboards at wall ends isn't so easy but I keep it in mind in case I find an idea...

okh, I'll try to grant an easier access to special properties in the Furniture Library Editor. Not sure it will happen in the coming version though.

storm88, you can already switch from a layer to another with the keyboard arrows when the focus is on plan tabs. I guess you would prefer direct shortcuts, but using Tab / Shift + Tab keys combination to change focused component isn't too hard.
Don't hope to be able to group furniture that don't belong to the same level, because that would become too complicate. Nevertheless, if you think you found a bug, please describe how to reproduce it so I can fix it.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jun 11, 2015, 2:23:44 PM]
[Jun 11, 2015, 10:49:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
storm88

the level switching is odd. (Win 8.1, beta 4) If I click one floor it gets selected but I can't use arrows to switch. I have to ctrl+up to highlight the levels (should already be highlighted because I clicked one that was not active) and then I can switch them with arrows. I was hoping ctrl+pg up/down could work, browsers use this shortcut.

the groups bug:
make 4 walls. add new level (differen height) and copy walls. Place a piece furniture to each level, each to different coordinates. Select level 0. Select both furniture and group them. Ungroup them.
Now in the 3d view everything looks OK, but in the plan view, on level 0 I see both the furniture from level 0 and level 1, although I should only see the one from level 0.
[Jun 11, 2015, 1:54:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry, the keys combination used to change focused component are Tab / Shift + Tab (I updated my previous message to avoid confusion). I'll see if I can add ctrl + page up / ctrl + page down and how it's used in other software.

About the groups bug, there's... no bug. As grouping pieces create a group at the selected level, ungrouping the group then keeps the pieces on the level of their group. Only undoing will be able to retrieve the same state. As said previously, I won't manage grouped furniture that don't belong to the same level.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 11, 2015, 2:24:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Please, be sure to test this feature, including weird moves and undos/redos.
Cut / paste does seem a bit erratic. Cut option appears to come and go in menus (as opposed to Copy?). Trying to cut an item which is in the Furniture list just underneath group, up to group. The item is cut, but then the names of the two items in the group also vanish from the list (the dimension values are still there). When I select group to paste my cut object, there is no paste to group option.

Sorry for the vageue description, but I sort of don't get it to be consistent either. Will test some more. Sent you file and pics.

ok

Acer Transformerbook
Win 8.1 Java 1.8.0_45 / 32 bit / 0.6 GB ma
[Jun 12, 2015, 8:31:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Different levels of group&ungroup Furniture problems, though not a big problem, but it should be corrected

I put A furniture on the first floor, second floor put B Furniture
Under normal circumstances it should be like this
Level1A

and Level 2B

2B Furniture is

original JPG
Then group 1A&2B like this

and

2B is Change

original JPG

Then ungroup 1A&2B like this,on Level 1A can see 2B

To solve this problem should not be too complicated:

then group, Record (2B) original ELEVATION

Then ungroup,Add a command, again the furniture back to its original floor.and set (2B) ELEVATION=original ELEVATION
[Jun 12, 2015, 3:30:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
remib

After a brief testing, all improvements seems great.

Here is a few thoughts :
- layers are great once understood the concept that "base or original level" is visible in every other "same elevation level".

- There is a coquille in the edit box french version "visble" checkbox.

- The ability to show text in 3D is also a good improvement. However, it would be so nice if we could do the same with measurement rulers to show someone in 3D sketch at wich height is a window and how tall is it, same as kitchen furnitures and almost everything.
By the way, I think an unvisible layer is now the perfect holder for every 3D view text info.

- I guess it would be good to have a function to group and organise levels now we have layers.

- Also, a little searchfield by name above furnitures could be someting nice too.

R.
[Jun 13, 2015, 11:15:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

- Also, a little searchfield by name above furnitures could be someting nice too.
Did you try Preferences Furniture catalog view set to Searchable list? ok
[Jun 13, 2015, 2:31:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
remib

Indeed, no. But I would find cool to have it in the folder mode too ;)
[Jun 13, 2015, 3:56:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved