Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 116
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 620025 times and has 115 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.0

Thanks you all for your feedback smile

The Beta 4 brings some small bugs fixes in the new features: deleting furniture when some levels weren't viewable didn't work correctly, and there was a remaining issue on baseboards cut.

Sorry Santbose, don't hope a rotation parameter to lean walls. I don't think it will happen. If needed see this recent tip.

I'm very happy for the feature to color text and style.
It will be great to have this included also for the furniture name.
The furniture dialog might become too big, no?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jun 3, 2015, 9:53:47 AM]
[Jun 3, 2015, 9:51:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

The furniture dialog might become too big, no?

Maybe, but is useful.
Could be used after we decide to show the name in plan by popup the same text and style dialog or in the context menu on "Modifies text and style..." after we create the furniture.
Also could be an icon in toolbar for chose the color of text.
Until this I'm happy to insert separate text box but I can't group it with a furniture to move it together.
Anyway You've made a great program and become greater.
Congratulation!
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jun 3, 2015, 6:31:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

While testing the new levels I came across some unexpected behaviour.

This is what I want to do:
Level 1 - draw 4 walls, add windows, draw a room, add baseboards (actually, it's panelling)
Level 2* - delete the walls from L1 and copy them to L2*, add furniture, change wallpaper
Level 3* - delete the walls from L1 and copy them to L3*, add furniture, change wallpaper

* = level at same height as previous one

This way the floor, baseboards/panelling and windows stay the same, but wallpaper and furniture change.

Problem 1 - I can't figure out how to copy the walls to more than one level
Problem 2 - If I manage to copy the walls, they are placed 20 pixels/cms right and down from the original.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 3, 2015, 11:01:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
santbose

India

Thanks Emmanuel for your reply. But I am not looking to create a sloping wall. I am actually looking to create inclined walls. Normally walls are at 90 degree from the ground level, but I want to draw walls where I can adjust its degree from the ground level.....may be 85 degree, 70 degree. I hope I am able to explain my thoughts.
[Jun 4, 2015, 5:37:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hans, I'm not sure to understand your problem. If you want to make some wallpaper tests, you should add walls in Level2* and Level3* as in the example attached to this message. Then as walls will superimpose themselves at both levels, you could make Level2* not viewable, to view wallpapers correctly in level3*. You could also play with Level2* / Level3* order to ignore the third level when the second one is selected.
To copy/paste walls at the same location, just unselect them before pasting. The 20cm shift is for feedback purpose: without this "visual" effect, you wouldn't know whether you actually pasted the copied walls or not, since the image of the plan wouldn't change.

Santbose, whether you call it "inclined" or "sloping" wall, I understood what you want, but sorry it won't happen. If you want to build walls that are not 90° from the ground, you'll have to use workarounds. Note that simple ceilings can adjust themselves automatically in some cases, but as this feature doesn't work correctly in many cases and may introduce some artifacts that users generally interpret as a bug, I wonder if I should remove this feature in the coming version or supporting it only for simple ceilings with only 4 points. I'll be glad to read the opinion of everybody about this subject.
Attachment TestingWallpaperWithLevels.sh3d (258644 bytes) (Download count: 1776) (Testing wallpaper on walls playing with viewable attribute of levels)

[Jun 4, 2015, 9:23:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Problem of copying walls to levels is solved. After unselecting the walls, they now copy correctly on every level. Thanks.

Small wish: would it be possible that the O= sign to indicate same elevation levels, could also serve as a visible/invisible switch? Standard symbol = visible. Reversed symbol (as in reversed colours) = invisible? So, the switch is incorporated into the tab.

Thanks once again.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 4, 2015, 10:06:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Small wish: would it be possible that the O= sign to indicate same elevation levels, could also serve as a visible/invisible switch? Standard symbol = visible.
- Yes, Show/Hide button/checkbox would be useful on level tabs. For consistency maybe on all the level tabs (as all types of levels can be hidden) not just the 'layers'. Or context menu, as mentioned above.
- And actually, maybe it could be kind of nice to be able to edit the table (Summary of levels) for all different level values. I.e. remove the top fields and just edit the table.
- I feel a bit ambiguous about the O= sign. It sort of comes to denote 'layer', but if you have A level Ground Floor and a level with Plot Dimensions sorted below that (to keep it away from the other levels), The Ground Floor gets the O= sign, logically enough, but it makes the Ground Floor look like a 'layer' on the Dimensions tab. Nothing I cannot get used to, but, well, it looks a bit messy. Maybe a more subtle indication (underscore/italics)...(?) Maybe the reverse, that every level that in fact was above the previous got an up arrow? Or maybe no indication at all?

ok
[Jun 4, 2015, 2:14:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand

The addition of paste-style, baseboards, and editing items within groups,are all really nice additions that will greatly ease the task of creating complex models.

The only small issue I've seen is that baseboards cannot track across the end of a wall that juts into a room, for example:

I imagine this is a difficult case to handle. Fortunately, it's not that common and easily fixed by manually adding a box of the appropriate size.

Your efforts are much appreciated.
[Jun 4, 2015, 9:05:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Did something happen with Export to OBJ? Even if I Export Selection it seems everything (except ground) is exported. ok
[Jun 9, 2015, 11:35:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry for the regression in Export to OBJ format feature. A correction will be available in the next beta.
[Jun 9, 2015, 8:04:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved