Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 116
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 623948 times and has 115 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D 5.0

Hi,

Here's a first beta version of Sweet Home 3D 5.0.

At the moment, this version brings some bug fixes in DAE files management, and also the following new features:
- When background and texture images are imported, their size is now read first to check if it not too large and a proposal is made to the user to reduce it if it's too large:

- It's now possible to change the color and the font of free texts, as well as make them appear in the 3D view at a variable elevation:

- For other texts, it's also possible to select the default font in preferences:

- I added Add point to room and Delete point from room menu items in the contextual menu of the plan. Of course, the added or deleted point will be at the position where the mouse pointer was located when the contextual menu appears:

- It's now possible to select items in furniture groups to modify them without the obligation to ungroup them. From the tests I made in other software proposing this kind of feature, I chose the following behavior: to select an item of a group in the plan, you'll have to click first on the group, then on the item, and if the item is in the subgroup, click again until you reach it. Multiple selection of group items can be done if you press the shift key.
As pieces of furniture are also listed in the furniture list, you'll have also the choice to select one or more item from the furniture list, whereas the selection in the furniture list and in the plan are synchronized.
To help you distinguish in the plan a selected item when it belongs to a group, its group is itself overpainted with a rounded rectangle filed with half transparent selection color, as shown in the following image:

- Opened groups are now saved in .sh3d files and restored when the file is reopened.

- I added Edition > Paste style menu item to copy the style of the item in the clipboard (i.e. a piece of furniture, a wall, a room or a text) on the selected items. By style, you should understand the color, texture and shininess in the case of furniture, walls or rooms, and font name, size and color in the case of texts.

- To avoid some confusion about whether a furniture or textures library import completed with no issue, an information message is now displayed once the library is imported.

- 1/8 1/4 3/8 1/2 5/8 3/4 7/8 fraction texts (written with 3 characters) are now allowed to be entered as inch fractions when Foot/Inch/Fraction unit is in use.

- The pitch rotation of the virtual visitor head can now go from -90° to 90°.

This is a first part and there should be other new features available in the coming weeks. Hope you'll enjoy these first ones! smile

[Note from developer: Sweet Home 3D 5.0 was released on July 19, 2015]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jul 19, 2015, 11:49:13 PM]
[May 7, 2015, 2:43:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.0

Congratulations. No issues here after a quick try different test files. At least not so far for:

• Edition > Paste style.
  • Group item edit.
  • Add/delete room points.
  • Text tool, formatting and 3D view.
  • Background/texture import size warning: Background image proposed reduced from 7064x4960 to 3375x2370, but maybe most important is the warning message).
  • Pitch rotation of the virtual visitor.

Great features, nicely implemented. Especially 1 to 4 are very welcome. Will try more later.
ok
PS (The Java Web Start link prompted a Java update and the installer defaults to installing a toolbar / changing home page. Just read carefully if Java wants an update.)
[May 7, 2015, 4:34:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Congratulations with v5.0b and thank you very much for your continued efforts to make a great program even greater.

I did a few rapid test under Kubuntu 14.04 64-bits.

Add text, edit text, text in Preferences
These all work just as expected. Great addition.

Add point to room
After thinking what this could mean, I guessed I had to draw a room and see what happens. And indeed, it adds an extra point/corner to a room at the cursor coordinates.
Maybe a few extra words of explanation would be nice.
In combination with the AdvancedEdit plug-in this is VERY nice. Could that plug-in be integrated in the main program?

Modify groups
After nesting a few items 5 or 6 groups deep, I was able to succesfully edit each item.

Edition > Paste
Probably this is franglais?
I can't figure out how this works. Sorry for being stupid.

I didn't test the other new features.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 7, 2015, 4:35:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback smile

Could that plug-in be integrated in the main program?
It's not what I plan at the moment.

Edition > Paste
Probably this is franglais?
No, I don't think so biggrin
It lets you copy the color/texture of a given copied object on others selected objects of the same kind without displaying again their modification dialog. It can be also used to keep in memory the color/texture of a room for example, when the quickest way to recompute a room is to delete it then recreate it with a double-click. Note that you can copy the style of a room only on rooms, copy the style of a wall only on walls,... and there should be only one object in the clipboard to enable this new menu item.
[May 7, 2015, 6:47:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

applause Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.0

Thank you very much

1.fonts in 3D display too Fuzzy,Especially when a large text size.

2.Background coordinates plus or minus is wrong .
[May 11, 2015, 2:00:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Original Picture
1. http://postimg.org/image/8w1kisy0f/
2.http://postimg.org/image/jjngbjjxr/
[May 11, 2015, 2:05:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

YGYL, thanks for your tests smile

1.fonts in 3D display too Fuzzy,Especially when a large text size.
The text is managed in 3D with a texture image that contains the text and is 512 pixels wide at max. I could use a larger size but fear loss of performance...
But if needed this trick is still working.

2.Background coordinates plus or minus is wrong .
No, it's correct. X and Y are the coordinates of the origin of the plan in the image, not the coordinates of the top left point of the image in the plan. If the Chinese translation of the wizard isn't correct, feel free to propose a better one.
[May 11, 2015, 4:29:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

smile Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.0

"此处定义图像的坐标原点" Should be replaced "此处定义户型的坐标原点所处在本图片的位置"
[May 12, 2015, 12:48:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Still to come across problems with the new features. So far everything works as expected (or better...)

Just wondering, will you include Add points to room to the Plan top menu? I see reasons not to. But if not, I get this feeling that future use of SH3D will rely more and more on the right-click context menus. Which I guess is good. But maybe the context menus should be emphasised more strongly in FAQ/tutorials. Maybe even the download version should move in the direction of the online version, with no (or optional) top menu (with some more toolbar buttons, of course)... ok
[May 13, 2015, 11:40:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Now,with Add point to room Function. I recommend Added a new feature to hollow room.
because create room is very important, The simplest way to establish basic parts.but the existing feature is too cumbersome.Not directly hollow.

I recommend 3 shortcut keys. add points,del point,hollow point.
When the hollow-point in the room range, when the hollow room!

Original Picture
[May 18, 2015, 2:42:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved