Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5717 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
bert.struik

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to add a lower level to existing two-level design

After creating two levels, how can a lower level be added and essentially move everything already done up one level?

I wanted to add the foundation and concrete slab as a level, to show the foundation above base height. Did not think of this until after making the first and second floors. Since I only know how to add a level on top, that would mean moving all the elements of level 0 to level 1 and all the elements of level 1 to level 2. The elements (walls, windows, doors, furniture etc...) do not have a level assignment in their menu data.

Do I have to start over?
[Apr 24, 2015, 8:11:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: How to add a lower level to existing two-level design

- Add a Level
- Double-click level tab
- Change Elevation to negative value
- The tab will move to the left
- You created a level lower than the "ground" floor

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 25, 2015, 4:55:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bert.struik

Canada

Hans:

Thank you very much. That worked well.
__
Bert
[Apr 26, 2015, 2:29:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bert.struik

Canada

When the new level (defaults to level 2) is set to negative height and its tab moves to the left it shows a level 2, 0, 1 sequence. The tabs can be renamed to 2 > 0, 0 > 1 and 1 > 2, to have tabs 0, 1, 2.

I did something stupid I guess, because several of the walls from level 2 became lost in the map view. They show up in the 3D aerial view somewhat lower than before. under the level 2 tab walls from level 1 show up instead.
[Apr 26, 2015, 7:01:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

In the same dialog box that allows you to change the elevation of a level, you can also change the name of a level.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 26, 2015, 11:33:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved