Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 37
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 56765 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Shipping container homes & solar panels

Can you point us to the files you downloaded?
That way we can see where things go wrong.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 26, 2015, 12:03:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ickle_bea

Hi

Thanks for your reply. There were a few. Here are a couple of those.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=a0b0f119b1befb0a6dc9ed11312148b8

http://telias.free.fr/models_wavefront_menu.html
[Dec 26, 2015, 3:25:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Sketchup - click the big red Download button at top-right, then select the Collada file. It imports correctly.

Telias - The first bed downloads and imports without any problem. If you have problems with a specific model, give a link to that model, not to the page.

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Dec 26, 2015, 4:09:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ickle_bea

Hi, I have no problem with downloading anything from Sketchup or Telias. I downloaded a load of files from both of those.

My problem is that SH3D is not recognising the files. I try to import the .obj files and I just get a message saying it doesn't recognise the files. You can see in the screenshots.
Also when I try to open the files directly by right clicking on them and selecting the SH3D app to open them, it doesn't see the files that way either. No idea why.

http://s1057.photobucket.com/user/Beatrice_Flowers/library/screenshots
[Dec 28, 2015, 10:57:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

1 - You complain about the Sketchup model. On my PC it imports correctly. That means the model is OK, and if it doesn't import correctly on your PC than (a) you are doing something wrong or (b) your PC is doing something wrong. Without more info it's impossible to say which is the case.

2 - Telia: without more specific info it's impossible to help you.

NOTE: think of the OBJ format as a language that describes a 3D shape. Every language has its dialects. Maybe some of the models on the telia website are in a dialect SH3D doesn't understand. This is a known problem with the OBJ format.
A possible workaround is to import the model in a different program, then export it again. You might give Blender a try, it supports OBJ and can export in several formats recognized by SH3D.
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Dec 28, 2015, 11:12:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ickle_bea

Ok, Thank you. I will try Blender.
I am using a Mac, wonder if that has anything to do with it.
No worries anyway, will figure it out.
[Dec 28, 2015, 2:41:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ickle_bea

Hi Hansmex

I figured out to import most of the files. A little unconventional probably but I found that if I made them into zip files first, it imported them from the zip files no problem.
So, all good. Thanks :)
[Jan 2, 2016, 1:31:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved