Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 37
Posts: 37   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 56763 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
Raysab

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Shipping container homes & solar panels

So here I am struggling with intricate sloppy roof... sad

However, I was able at least to draw a very comprehensive roof timber framing using sloppy wall, wood texture and the “invisible triangle” obj, for which I give a thumb up to the author applause

I tried working with the “sloppy ceiling & roof” tutorial provided by Hans Dirske and create obj for export, but it’s mission impossible in my case, obviously.

Anyway, here’s some picts to illustrate the issue.

Cheers
[Apr 12, 2015, 9:31:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Raysab

Hi Okh,

I downloaded solar panels and wind mills from your suggested sites but they are all in .skp format not compatible with object import in SH3D.

Is there a way to covert into a usable format in SH3D ?

Thanks for your help.

Ray
[Apr 12, 2015, 10:36:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

1 - Download and install the free version of Sketchup
2 - Open the model you need
3 - Export it in DAE or KMZ format

That's all.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 12, 2015, 11:54:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
homerbask

España

hello in https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/ can find thousands of models, if the shocks .KMZ the matter can SH3D hassle if you do not have to do as you did it would be best rooftop says hansmex the roof in sketchup and are importing a SH3D to place as sketchup has many possibilities to create from 0
[Apr 13, 2015, 2:27:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Raysab, please see this message to handle correctly downloads on Trimble Warehouse 3D.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 13, 2015, 8:03:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

A nice container home I made some time ago:
made of 4x40 foot, 2x20 foot container.

-

Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 16, 2015, 4:44:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SixDice

United Kingdom

Hello all,

I am also new to Sweet Home 3D but don't find it that hard. It a very straight forward software to use.

Reason for writing here is also I am designing and hopefully use my design to build my own container house. Am also trying to make it all self significant with electricity.

I just thought I should share with you here. I will try and post some images of what I have come up with.
[Aug 13, 2015, 12:13:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Adolf08

Very interesting.
Keep sharing.
[Aug 30, 2015, 9:44:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

Hello World, first post for me here...

Just jumping in, There are Insulated/Refrigerated shipping containers where the outside corrugated walls are filled in with foam and covered in plywood or metal. This is great that:
1) You have a smooth wall
2) The Wall is about 3 1/2 inches, same 'standard' wall thickness used in Sweet Home 3D.

Only problem is that it is a "Thick" Wall. But this makes it easy to use with the Sweet Home 3D program! (Note, most places I know just use a 2X4 stud and a 1/2in sheet rock/plaster board, making a thinner wall! It is very cheap construction!)

Most containers are 7ft tall, a bit confining for a guy like me who is over 6ft tall! But there are taller containers. I believe the tallest is 8'6".

I find Sweet Home 3D to be a great program, been using it for less than a year now in designing container and other types of homes for a few friends.

Keep up the great work guys! Great program! Great Homes!
[Sep 7, 2015, 9:11:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ickle_bea

HI, I downloaded a few .skp files, downloaded Sketchup and tried exporting them in both those file formats as you suggested but SH3D won't recognise them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
[Dec 26, 2015, 8:04:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 37   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved