Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6951 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
onefish

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Remove imported library?

I am new to SH3D and I'm still working out how to use it properly and get all the furniture I need imported. I just tried removing all colours from an item in Sketchup, then exporting to dea format then created a library using the furniture library editor and imported into SH3D. There is only the one item but the library editor allowed me to specify the category as kitchen. My thinking was that with all colours removed I should be able to modify the object colour in SH3D whenever I used the object. Well that didn't work so good, just doesn't look right at all. So I will go back to the Sketchup version and create several separate versions in different colours then export/library/import/etc.

The problem is that I now have the item in my library that is no good and I'd like to remove it but cannot seem to find a way. I found a post here that suggested right click and remove but I don't have that option in the context menu. The item label is not in italics either.
???????

Cheers!
[Mar 2, 2015, 2:39:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Remove imported library?

This is what I would do:
1 - In Sketchup
Give temporary colours to the various parts of your model, e.g. if it's a kitchen cabinet give different colours or textures to the base cabinet, the doors, the handle(s), the work top, etc.
Then export your model as a DAE file
2 - In the Library Editor
Import your new model; delete your old model, save the file
3 - In SH3D
Import the library
Now insert your model in your design.
Do Modify furniture -> Materials -> Modify. You will now see a list with the different parts of your model. Click on a part and assign a new colour/texture.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 2, 2015, 9:20:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The way to remove a SH3F library is explained at the end of Importing 3D models section in the user's guide (it's one of the few things that are not explained in the help, in the hope I'll find a better solution one day):
To uninstall a SH3F file, remove it from the furniture plugin folder of Sweet Home 3D, and restart the application. This folder is shown when you click on any SH3F file listed in the Furniture libraries section of the Libraries in use pane. The latter pane is displayed by clicking on the Libraries... button shown at the bottom of Sweet Home 3D About dialog box.

Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 2, 2015, 10:08:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
onefish

Thanks Puybaret, that worked once I figured out what you meant.
1) go to the help menu in the application and select "about"
2) select "libraries" from the popup box
3) locate the library you want to remove and select the link
4) a standard explorer window will open, select and delete the SH3F file for the library you want to remove
5) restart the application.

Hansmex, thank you as well. I actually found a suitable solution, or should I say that I learned a fair bit more about how Sketchup works. I ended up having to explode all polygons, remove all fill colours, remove colours for faces as well in another menu, and then select the somewhat hidden option to export 2 sided object to dae. I was then able to just add the colours I wanted within SH3D and it looks good. I now have tolix chairs and stools in a rainbow of colours!
[Mar 2, 2015, 11:29:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I wish there were more fast learners like you... tongue

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 2, 2015, 12:13:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved