Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4819 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Lumaja

South Africa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Setup a Search in the Forum

First I like this program very much but have to learn a lot.

I am new with Sweet Home 3 D and because of that I have to contact the forums or read
through, on read find difficulty keep opening pages to find a hint.
I suggest to setup a search to make it easier and not have to repeat the same threads, like
a lot of other forums.
The other is, my OS is Ubuntu and have extreme difficulty to import 3D warehouse, I have
to download Sketchup and Wine (Not on my likes) just to get one or two models, what I though as a suggestion to make “library” or some think like to covert the model.
[Feb 6, 2015, 12:26:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
slimpy

Re: Setup a Search in the Forum

In case you haven't noticed there's a search box in the top right corner on the website.

You can use KMZ files from 3D warehouse directly in SH3D. No need to install Sketchup.

Regarding import of SKP files in SH3D please read this.

Best, slimpy
[Feb 6, 2015, 12:51:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Setup a Search in the Forum

Not a bad idea to list key threads that explain stuff, but there is always the FAQ and the user manual that covers a lot. And compiling the list involves quite some work. and, as slimpy says, there is a search available in the top right corner on the webpage - even if it is, well, hmm, maybe not always perfect. But then you can always use alternative search engines to do a site search / advanced search, e.g. Google site search to play with search parameters on the SH3D site:

window properties site:sweethome3d.com
https://www.google.no/search?num=50&q=win...es+site%3Asweethome3d.com

For imports from the 3D warehouse, if .kmz is not available, there is often also the unzipped .dae (Collada) format that also can be imported directly. I fear auto-converting or copying converted files would not only be a never-ending task, but more important, it is probably not possible because of the copyright implications.

ok
[Feb 6, 2015, 1:16:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved