Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 48847 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
SH3D 4.6

Congratulations on 4.6 release . No issues here, but I guess it was mostly a maintenance release. Thanks anyway, the work you put into SH3D is appreciated. ok
[Feb 3, 2015, 8:36:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: SH3D 4.6

You're welcome smile
I hesitated to distribute it as a small 4.5.x update for Mac OS X only, but finally chose version 4.6 because the API was modified and some minor changes were programmed. Among other things, it's now possible to zoom closer in the 3D view when the plan contains some walls and is less than 10 meters wide. I also changed a parameter in the 3D view to better manage transparent items shown being each other (see this bug).
To make the update more interesting for Windows users, I changed the installer to propose the 64 bit version it contains with a max memory set to at least 2 GB. This should help the 64 bit system users who couldn't render photos for big designs with default max memory setting. If I get no bad feedback on this change, I shall change the SweetHome3D command for Linux 64 bit in the next version too.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 4, 2015, 12:39:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US

Quick question: I'm about to download an updated version, but I've grown my furniture and texture library immensely. Does the installer overwrite the existing amended libraries? Should I save a copy of these outside of the normal folder?
[Feb 4, 2015, 4:21:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

All the imported furniture is kept unchanged during the installation of a new version. smile
[Feb 4, 2015, 7:12:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

sclee reported that the Copy as new furniture plug-in wasn't able to copy rooms anymore. Instead of releasing an update of Sweet Home 3D, I modified the plug-in and enabled it to work with Sweet Home 3D 4.6 and previous versions.
Please download it from here :
http://www.sweethome3d.com/plugins/CopyAsNewFurniturePlugin-1.2.sh3p
Sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
[Feb 4, 2015, 7:22:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
carlctz

South Africa

Having issues with the new version seems to freeze up the application. Previous version worked just fine. When I open up sweethome3D any of my homes just freeze on my screen nothing wants to work even it doesn't want to close the application. Even if I try to force close the application via windows task manager it still does not close. All I can do is minimize the program to my taskbar and that's it, its still running in background refusing to close only remedy is to restart my pc even then the program itself won't allow the pc to restart and I have to keep telling windows to force close the program and it takes 10 to 15min to restart the pc. The previous version worked fine 100% no issues only problem was I'm running out of memory to render immages my system specs are Intel Celeron CPU G470 @ 2.00GHz , Installed RAM is 2GB with a 1GB or atleast 1744MB Nvidia Geforce GT520 FULL HD grafix card (for gaming) running currently on 1920x1080 (60hz) I have tried changing the values on SweetHome3D.l4j file but even that seems not to work
I'm a self professed NOOB at almost anything in life into gaming, mobile web design and 3D animation or design software.
[Feb 18, 2015, 12:58:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

carlctz, what system do you use? What values did you enter in SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file?
[Feb 23, 2015, 6:10:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved