Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 31
Posts: 31   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 41958 times and has 30 replies Next Thread
biko

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Reality Check

wow
[Jan 27, 2015, 3:54:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
anhmax

Can you show me your pc reqs (cpu, gpu, ram)? I think 3D Sweet home isn't powerful enough to render this pic.
----------------------------------------
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM1mqUjGRtD4uCXX5qzgG3w
[Feb 15, 2015, 12:44:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
slimpy

No idea how you came to the conclusion that SH3D isn't powerful enough to render this pic.

The computer that rendered this was a HP laptop sporting an Intel i7-4700MQ quad core processor and 8GB RAM.
SH3D is configured to use a maximum of 4GB of RAM.
The graphic card (although completely irrelevant for rendering at the two best quality settings) is an integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600. There is also an unused (disabled) Nvidia GeForce GT740M graphic chip.
This computer runs Linux (Opensuse) as its operating system.

The SH3D file has a size (compressed) of 62MB.
As posted previously it takes about 2 hours to render this pic at a size of 3600x2133px.

Best, slimpy
[Feb 15, 2015, 9:18:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjimran

India

use virtual memory to increase the RAM.
[Feb 17, 2015, 3:47:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
slimpy

use virtual memory to increase the RAM.

Why should I do this?
I only use half of the available memory for SH3D and I don't have any issues at all. Paging to slower swap memory doesn't sound like a good idea...
[Feb 17, 2015, 9:03:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
taltan

Hi! Just wondering how did you create your books and other elements of your projects? Eg book shelf.. sofa.. how are they so exact?

Many thanks!
[Mar 4, 2015, 7:05:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jpcr

amazing.

i never get close to realistic in my tests , but here : wow !

jp
[Mar 4, 2015, 10:12:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Desslok

USA

Hmmm. You've given my something to think about in my Enterprise renders. I've been having trouble getting my ceiling textures to show up. They appear quite dark even when everything else in the room is well lit. I hadn't considered 'ambient light'. I will have to experiment with that. Thanks.
biggrin
[Mar 4, 2015, 4:43:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
slimpy

Hi! Just wondering how did you create your books and other elements of your projects? Eg book shelf.. sofa.. how are they so exact?

Many thanks!

I used different tools to model the furniture, Art of illusion (windows, sideboard, coffee table, loudspeakers), clara.io (sofa, toy box, fireplace, lamps, painting) and Blender (book shelf, bumper car)

The sofa for instance is a rather simple model using cubes with some bevelled edges. What makes it look realistic are the textures based on images of the actual fabrics of the sofa.

The books are also merely boxes with an applied image texture. Only the book spines and the first cover and last back are textured. However, getting the UV layout right for every single book was a rather tedious job.
[Mar 5, 2015, 12:19:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Desslok

USA

Concerning the books textures. I have worked out an easier way to correctly map simple textures like that. I don't use Blender. Instead, I take the original texture and import it into Sweethome3d. I size it in the editor, making note of the dimensions. Then I add a box and resize that to match the dimensions of the texture. Then I apply the texture. Then I export the box as an object. Then I can import it into Blender and place it on the bookshelf as I want it. Repeat for the other books. When all is as I like it, join all into a single object and export as object format again. Then import into the Sweethome3d Library editor. It will come in with all textures correctly oriented. biggrin
[Mar 5, 2015, 4:22:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 31   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved