Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4366 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Desslok

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
USS Enterprise Again!

Something different this time. I took the Enterprise build that I did in Sweethome3d and exported it in Obj format. Then I imported it into Blender and rendered a full raytraced animation. It's not perfect, some glitches are apparent in a few spots, but the render time was much faster than a comparable video rendered solely in Sweethome3d. I like using these two programs in tandem like this. Each has their strengths, but each has their weaknesses as well. My kingdom for a single program which features the strengths of Blender and Sweethome3d and none of their weaknesses. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1-5wVsCKHtY

Here's the link. Let me know what you think - either here or on YouTube. Thanks.
[Oct 25, 2014, 6:59:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Akalvin

Re: USS Enterprise Again!

love it!
[Oct 25, 2014, 7:04:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Desslok

USA

Thank you.
[Oct 26, 2014, 5:00:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Desslok

USA

When I have the complete floor plan of deck 7 finished in Sweethome3d, i plan to post a link to the .s3d file for anyone else to play with if they so choose. I'm also planning and building an Enterprise furniture libary and plan to put a link to it here as well. I would love to see some of the pics posted here from other people rendering out various views throughout the ship. Let me know if there's any interest.
[Oct 26, 2014, 5:04:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved