Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7869 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
christia9

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad Installed version 4.4 no longer working since upgrading to MAC OS X Yosemite

Hi,
I am using the latest version installed on a Macbook Air and it was working all fine until I upgraded to the new OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
Since then, when I try to open the app, all I get is an error message asking me to install the old Java SE 6 Runtime Version.

I have already tried using the web start version, but this is very slow and freezes as soon as I switch to full screen mode.

As I surely do not want to go back to Java 6, which has some security issues and is no longer supported, I am looking for urgent help here.

Thanks, Christia9
[Oct 19, 2014, 7:29:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Installed version 4.4 no longer working since upgrading to MAC OS X Yosemite

In the Java Web Start version, I noticed an issue in full screen mode on my iMac when I switch to that mode at launch and then try to open a document. The version 4.5 beta 14 available under Java Web Start should fix this issue. If you encountered an other scenario that provoked a crash or a freeze, please tell me. Be sure also to check if full screen mode works correctly in some other applications, because it could be also a bug in Yosemite itself, since it's still young. By the way, I'm astonished that it works so slowly under Java Web Start, and would like more details about this. How big is your project? How do .sh3d files available in the gallery work?

I surely do not want to go back to Java 6, which has some security issues and is no longer supported
The security issues were in Java plug-in used in browsers, not in Java core itself. I installed Apple Java 6 under Yosemite as proposed by the system at Sweet Home 3D launch, and could run it with no problem. Apple didn't update the look of user interface items shown in Java applications but unfortunately, neither did Oracle in Java versions 7u72 or 8u25 released last week.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 20, 2014, 11:16:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
arinal

France
Re: Installed version 4.4 no longer working since upgrading to MAC OS X Yosemite

Hi
Am I the only one being in serious trouble since upgrading to Yosemite ?
I can not go back to Java 6, as it is no longer supported, I simply can't download it. The link leads to a blank page.
So I downloaded the oracle version and tried to java web start version. The oracle version is installed but the java web start version is not working. The download never starts.
I'm running out of ideas. I can read everywhere sweet home 3D works correctly with yosemite but for me it's a nightmare.
Please, help !
[Nov 6, 2014, 9:20:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
arinal

France

In case it might help someone, I've finally found the solution. First I had to delete all previous versions of java and sweet home 3D. Then I downloaded the latest version of sweet home 3D. During the installation process, that time the link to java 6 was efficient and I could download and finally run sweet home 3D.
Nevertheless I already noticed a few bugs : sweet home 3D crashed once and for a couple of websites a newest version of java is required.
So looking forward to a new sweet home 3D working with java 8...
[Nov 7, 2014, 12:55:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I guess you were unlucky because http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572 was blank yesterday and today it works!
for a couple of websites a newest version of java is required
The Apple version of Java you installed can be used only for Java applications, not for the web.
If you want to test Sweet Home 3D with Java 8, install Oracle Java 8 and run it with Java Web Start (to start the application from the SweetHome3D.jnlp file you'll download, click on the SweetHome3D.jnlp file while pressing the ctrl key, then choose Open menu item).
[Nov 7, 2014, 3:27:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MattHarper

Has anyone solved this problem yet? Just downloaded the newest version of SH and java and can not open it without Java 6. I am very interested in using this app, but if it doesn't work, will have to consider an alternate app.
[Feb 7, 2015, 5:05:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Matt, just follow one of the two alternatives:
- either you install Apple Java 6 and use the installer DMG version
- or you install Oracle Java 7 or 8 and use the Java Web Start version.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Feb 9, 2015, 9:24:34 AM]
[Feb 8, 2015, 6:08:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved