Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 43
Posts: 43   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 107543 times and has 42 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.5

YGYL, this thread is dedicated to Sweet Home 3D 4.5 tests.
If you want to submit features requests, please create tickets at http://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/feature-requests/ after ensuring that nobody submitted similar requests.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 15, 2014, 8:25:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Today, the Beta 6 brings better computation of smooth normals in 3DS files. I guess the new 3DS loader should work correctly now. smile
[Sep 15, 2014, 2:57:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Hello Emmanuel Sir,
If you are looking for a crashed 3ds file here is the one.
This file is exported from sh3d and then it is converted to 3ds using meshlab.
Now this 3ds is failed to import in SH3D v4.3, v4.4, v4.5b6.
[PS: updated link].

[Edit 1 times, last edit by sree.arun.kr at Sep 16, 2014, 7:03:53 PM]
[Sep 16, 2014, 6:54:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It would be nice to report to meshlab that the converted 3DS file is buggy (hope this is not the case for every 3DS file!). Around the end of the file, after the first (and only one) chunk 0xB020, data becomes inconsistent. I could change the 3DS loader to accept the part of the file that is valid and ignore the buggy remaining part, but I prefer refuse files that are too much wrong.

Thanks for your test smile
[Sep 16, 2014, 8:44:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Beta 9 brings an updated Russian help (many thanks to Кунаков Антон Юрьевич for his contribution) and fixes some small bugs. The main ones are:
- I ensured that the order of pieces is kept when grouped, thus chairs placed under a table are still under the table, once grouped)
- I found an other case where the points of an horizontal wall were incorrectly computed at the joint with another wall, and fixed it.
- I cleared the search filter in textures choice dialog box after a texture is imported to ensure it's always visible in the list.

I also increased the max count of stored points of view to 50, and restored the previous size of textures choice dialog box when the user resized it.

By the way, to ensure that the 3DS loader works as well as possible, could someone who owns a license of 3DS MAX try to import in this software this model and this one available at Model3D.biz, and confirm they don't look correct? If they look correct, this means that I could still improve the 3DS loader I programmed.
[Oct 9, 2014, 10:44:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

It would be happy to see the new beta9 update. angel
The first 3ds file(bar chair) works fine.

Actually a circle wire and a leg of chair is in hidden mode in his work file but when he exported it, its also exported.So it comes visible in 3ds file.
In the second 3ds file is not looking same as 3dsMax and SH3D
When I import 3ds file it looks like this(below)

When I import the work file its also show me some texture missing.

If I ignore the texture missing then its look like this.

With the work file I understand the SH3D problem.
Briefly: The designer first created the left part of the sofa. Then he made a copy and moved it to right. Then he apply mirror modifier(an effect like smooth in 3dsmax) to it(see below).

This mirror is works in 3ds format when it import 3dsMax. But this mirror is not worked in SH3D.
I found an other case where the points of an horizontal wall were incorrectly computed at the joint with another wall, and fixed it.

I don't get your mind but there is a similar issue with walls. If I draw a wall like this

When I import it into 3dsMax then I want to manualy select all the straight walls(not curved) and apply its smooth value to zero.

In some cases its also not give the good result.Some odd triangle faces are black. To full fill it I need to change its face nomals to be inverted.
I hope you can fix it soon. peace

[Oct 12, 2014, 2:21:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks AruN for your tests.

I'm going to look for the information where the mirror modifier could be stored in the 3DS file.

About the wall issue you reported, do you mean that sometimes you have wrong normals on the wall directly after importing the OBJ file?
[Oct 13, 2014, 9:05:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

I mean the wall issue(normals/odd faces are black) is when it exported from SH3D to 3dsMax if the wall is in zigzag or it consist of curved wall/face.
I think its because the smooth modifier is applied to the whole object not only the curved face.

[Oct 13, 2014, 5:00:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The smooth parameter isn't used in exported OBJ files and all normals are exported.
Could you add at least a "s off" line in a OBJ file generated with Sweet Home 3D, to see how it works in 3DS MAX?
[Oct 14, 2014, 3:00:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Yes you are right. The smooth parameter does not have any role in SH3D's .Obj. I think may be this is because 3dsMax automatically set the flag while importing. Thank you for the information.smile
I send my work files to you.

[Oct 15, 2014, 8:30:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 43   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved