Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 43
Posts: 43   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 107596 times and has 42 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.5

Emmanuel,

The tree model now imports correctly.
The chair model also imports correctly.

The old house model cannot be imported correctly, despite using the trick you described:
- use original 3ds file, convert images to jpg, delete original tif, then rename jpg to tif.
- I also tried to change the 3ds file: using a text editor I changed all references of tif to jpg, then I changed images to jpg. No success.

This tractor also imports correctly.

This tarantula is not recognizes as a valid 3ds file.

This excavator does not import correctly. There are still some shifted parts. Colours are missing, but materials are defined.

Conclusion: It's getting better, but not yet perfect :-)
Thank you for your time and effort.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 13, 2014, 9:53:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks AruN and Hans for your tests smile

The old house model cannot be imported correctly, despite using the trick you described:
- use original 3ds file, convert images to jpg, delete original tif, then rename jpg to tif.
- I also tried to change the 3ds file: using a text editor I changed all references of tif to jpg, then I changed images to jpg. No success.
I wouldn't try to edit a 3DS file with a text editor, because it contains various data used to validate file content length. But no problem to view its content to find out the images files it references.
Did you move the images files out of the tex subfolder?

The tarantula can't be imported because the 3DS files doesn't contain any 3D faces (only two lights).

The excavator data is probably incorrect since Autodesk's FBX Converter reports the same issues (like the two models of Model3D.biz I spoke about in the first message of this thread).
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 13, 2014, 2:43:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Regarding the old house model:
I tried to change the 3DS file using first gedit, then notepad (Remember, I'm using Ubuntu). In both cases I think the problem is that all kinds of non-printing characters aren't recognized by the text editor, and are changed to incorrect values. The result is that the modified file is useless.

And no, I didn't change the directory of the tif/jpg files.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 13, 2014, 3:37:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Can you add a feature?
free to rotate objects. It is very important. Very useful. Otherwise, we can only continue to export the model, and then import the model to rotate it.
[Sep 14, 2014, 2:34:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry YGYL, if it happens, there are very very little chances that it will be in the next version.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 14, 2014, 5:43:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Hello Emmanuel sir,
I have little idea that if you are able to convert .3ds to obj and vice versa then using .3ds format is used when compress and save if choose it will compress the file more.
wish to see the features like,
add sub category in furniture library, category in texture library, profile switching, built-in hdr files for rendering and more.
Thanks, and welcome all new updates. peace

[Sep 14, 2014, 8:34:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Thank you.
If you can have 3D text symbols function even better
Unicode has too much text(65000), impossible all converted into 3D models(OBJ 3DS)
[Sep 15, 2014, 6:31:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Also, I think we can add a function, after the texture color processing (changing the texture color)
By adjusting the tone parameters, so that a texture into multiple textures
can save a lot of space. Increased freedom
☆> > > > >
[Sep 15, 2014, 7:15:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

changing the texture color
☆> > > > >
[img]http://s25.postimg.org/e3kwbg5d7/44544.jpg[/img]
[Sep 15, 2014, 7:45:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

[Sep 15, 2014, 7:46:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 43   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved