Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7372 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
fsava

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Wood cottage

Hello again...

Since my last post on this forum I made a new SH3D project. A friend suggested me to draw a wooden cottage.This is it.... What do you think?
[Jul 9, 2014, 9:17:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Wood cottage

Very, very nice!!
Good detailing!
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 9, 2014, 9:45:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Adolf08

it looks really great i how much time it took? moreover from where did you find references.
http://www.pvsinternational.com/
[Sep 1, 2015, 7:40:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

It is very nice, very welcoming ; and very well done! (Just missing the mountains around!)
[Sep 1, 2015, 8:15:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fsava

Romania

Hello,

To realize the project, I worked 4-5 days. The design was inspired by Romanian isolated cottages in the mountainous area of the country (in Romania are many people who have chosen a lifestyle isolated in mountainous areas, difficult to access) adapted the habitable zone. What references do you mean?
[Sep 1, 2015, 8:36:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fsava

Romania

Thank you VeroniQ! I'll try to find somewhere 3ds mountains to put in project, but... since now I don't find.
[Sep 1, 2015, 8:47:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Yes, very nice log cabin construction. And a great building technique too. Some online searching (log house, maison en rondins, Blockbau, laftehus, laftehytte) reveals that many manufacturers kindly provide drawings of their kits (prefabricated) on their websites. Some of them are quite well thought out and good as a source of inspiration (some kits are also pretty good value). A while back, I played around with such a construction and shared some simple textures in SF 3D models 335 for log buildings.

By the way, if you cannot create your own panorama picture, there are lots of different mountain panoramas that can be used as a background (beware of copyright issues), e.g in Wikimedia Commons: mountain panorama. Ideally it should be a 360° panorama that joins seamlessly (to the right of the drawing, East if Compass is set due North). Or, if adventurous, there are also some nice 3D terrain-viewers (similar to Google Earth) that will let you create full panoramas from a given location (at least with a bit of cutting and pasting).

ok

[Sep 1, 2015, 12:43:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved