Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14118 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Rahulp82

UAE
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Glass Material

I want to make my own Glass Window. How ever I managed to make it in sweet home 3D itself. But I cannot make glass material. Do anybody please help to make glass or How can I make glass texture to the object with 100% transparency.

Thanks smile
[Jun 23, 2014, 11:25:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Glass Material

Check out these files ....

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 23, 2014, 11:27:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If you make it 100% transparent, you won't see it at all laughing
I you really want to make it with Sweet Home 3D without editing OBJ or MTL files, you can use an imported half transparent texture.
Editing the MTL file with a text editor and changing the d value of the material you want to be transparent (0.0 for fully transparent and 1.0 for fully opaque) is probably easier though, and may lead to more consistent results with the photo creation tool.

If you're not trying to modify an existing 3D model, using the transparent boxes Hans pointed to will be very helpful too.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jun 23, 2014, 11:43:08 AM]
[Jun 23, 2014, 11:32:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stiiknafuulia

Finland

Thank You, hansmex and Puybaret, now I succeeded in making both square (box) and round (cylinder) table tops of glass material with 0,75 transparency.
[May 6, 2021, 1:56:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved