Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14192 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
phoenix3D

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Adding colour/texture to floors

Hi Guys,

I am new here and just discovered the sweet home software a feww days ago. I'm using it to create a design in 3D for my family restaurant as we are currently having it refurbished.

I would like to know how I might be able to change the gray floor in the 3D model to a textured wooden floor? also, is there a tape measure tool anywhere so I can check points and references in the layout.

Also how can i create a second floor within the same design??

thanks in advance

phoenix
[Jun 8, 2014, 4:13:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clanmills

England
smile Re: Adding colour/texture to floors

You can easily change the floor texture. One Mac it's shift-cmd-R to goto Plan/Create Room. Double click the floor of the room and the room floor will be generated in gray. Right click on the floor, and select "Modify Room...". You can modify floor color, or texture. There are several wooden floors from which to choose.

I think there is a measuring tape, however I usually measure by dimensioning. shift-cmd-L to goto Plan/Create Dimension. Click on a)start b)end c)position of dimension label. If you don't want to keep it permanently, cmd-Z to undo the creation of the dimension.

You can add additional levels to your model. You can choose to display all levels (great when you're almost done), or "only current level" (great when you're working upstairs.

You'll have to play with all those features for a little while to really feel at home with SH3D. Your patience will be rewarded.

I installed the version of SH3D from the App Store and it arrived with most of the furniture and textures pre-installed. On other platforms, you may wish to install the extras available from the SH3D web site. Once more you'll be rewarded for your effort.

In very little time, you'll have a model to delight your family and friends. Don't forget to thank Emmanuel for creating this amazing software.
[Jun 9, 2014, 2:07:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA
Re: Adding colour/texture to floors

I would like to know how I might be able to change ......

Draw your floor using "Create rooms" tool in Plan(Main menu).
Then double click or Plan->Modify Rooms and apply your texture by importing it.
Is there a tape measure tool anywhere ....

Plan-> Create dimension can help you with 3 clicks.
How can i create a second floor within the same design ...

Plan->Add level then draw your 2nd floor.

See the official help to work with SweetHome3D ,
and don't forgot to watch the video.
shhh .
----------------------------------------

[Jun 9, 2014, 11:44:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved