Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 112
Posts: 112   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 101126 times and has 111 replies Next Thread
sjb007
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Pan tool in 3D and 2D view?

It's a Dell XPS 15 with an i7-7700HQ @ 2.8Ghz with 4C/8T, and it has an UHD screen, but I use it with two dedicated non-UHD monitors. I wouldn't know if that still compares as "very fast", or if the mouse events are particularly high frequency, but in settings the cursor speed is maxed.

I don't think I've ever had weird behaviour in the Aerial view.

I'm delighted to be of help.
[Jan 19, 2022, 4:15:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

I wouldn't know if that still compares as "very fast"
Well, it is surely much faster than my 5 years old i5 :)

I have done the following changes to fix the bug:
  • The failing code has been conditioned to be executed only when in aerial view mode;
  • The critical code has been synchronized;
  • The delayed code has been serialized to avoid thread saturation.
You can download it from here: Pan3dView-1.8.sh3p

Please let me know if this fixes the problem, so I'll publish it on the contributions page.

Daniele
[Jan 20, 2022, 2:33:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

FIXED! You da man! cool
[Jan 20, 2022, 5:41:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Another day, another report smile

So I can trigger this in two ways, but sometimes the middle click pan just stops working.
1) The reliable way is to open SH3D, place a cube and test. Pan works. Then display the 3D view in a separate window. Pan no longer works.
2) The unreliable way is to just use SH3D for a while. Even without separating the window, something occasionally causes the pan feature to stop working.

I check the redirected log, and there are no exceptions or errors in the few lines in there.
[Jan 23, 2022, 4:01:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

I should clarify, the application returns to zooming on middle-click drag. It is like in certain situations the application re-asserts the normal mouse handling from before your plugin inserted itself.
[Jan 23, 2022, 4:04:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Hi Stephen,
I was aware of this bug when detaching the 3D view, I admit I have spent few time to see what causes the issue, however fixing it is on the roadmap.
The bug never happened to me in the second way, maybe fixing the code for the first case could be enough to handle the second too, if not I'll have to investigate more.
I'll keep you updated.
Daniele
[Jan 23, 2022, 6:29:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Hi Stephen,
I've implemented a workaround for the problem occurring when detaching the 3D view, it works well and I'm now making extensive tests, you can download it in preview from here: Pan3dView-1.9.sh3p

If you are interested in, you may take a look at these 2 plugins too:
[Jan 24, 2022, 5:08:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Confirm the detached window works. I'll keep an eye for it failing in normal use, and let you know if I hit it again.

I already had the Wiring plugin, but haven't done much of anything with it so far.

Just tried the 3D dimensioning, and I'll report in the main thread for that one.
[Jan 24, 2022, 10:14:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As a macOS user, I don't have any middle button on my mouse but still tried this plug-in because it's required for the other nice plug-ins you developed. Unfortunately, swiping the mouse (= rolling the mouse wheel) provokes too fast back and forth moves without backward limits, when the Pan3dView plug-in is installed.
I would be nice if you could fix that, and possibly propose an alternate way for a middle click.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 25, 2022, 9:45:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

@Puybaret
Thank you Emmanuel for you feedback :) I didn't know macOS' mice lack the middle button. I apologize for this, I'll try to implement an alternative method of enabling panning (I'm thinking of holding a key such as ALT while dragging).

Adding a limit for the backward movement shouldn't be a problem. Moreover I also didn't implement the speed switch with the SHIFT key, but I can add it too.

Please note that I've substantially changed the way the scroll wheel moves the camera from linear to an exponential fashon, this way it acts much as a "zoom" than as navigation, which I find more confortable. However I understand some users could like the default behaviour, so I'm thinking about introducing a dialog to customize these settings.

Best regards,
Daniele
[Jan 25, 2022, 11:34:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 112   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved