Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 112
Posts: 112   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 100865 times and has 111 replies Next Thread
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Bug in Pan3Dview plugin with chained deformation

The code used by the plugin actually comes from the edit deformation dialog (it's almost a copy-paste), so I can't just look at SH3D code to see how to do it. The problem should be in the way various components interact each other, but understanding it is time consuming because SH3D is heavily based on interfaces, so I have to search implementations by hand. I will try to find it out, but this isn't on top of my roadmap.

About the problem of rotation, I remember I've read that the rotation axe is computed based on the highest dimension of the hinge node, so maybe you have to resize it properly.
[Feb 24, 2024, 12:22:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Bug in Pan3Dview plugin with chained deformation

Yes, the rotation axe is computed on the highest dimension but in other words that means it looks for the longest distance between two points to use as the direction.
For hinges the position is also important since the rotation should use it as the center point for rotating. Rails don't have that problem, they can be far away from the parts that use the rail and the rail just prescribes the path for sliding. A ball has a similar situation as the hinge but the only important data point is the center for rotating around the point.

The main point is that when a hinge rotates it changes the direction for other hinges connected to it. Besides that, my test with the Scopia turn window proved that a start position of the furniture in a diagonal position is already enough to cause the deformation to go wrong. That one I can't explain because it shouldn't be a problem with just a single hinge.

The Sweet Home 3D dialog doesn't have this problem because it simply takes the object and displays it in the preview in it's default (horizontal) position. Your deformation in the 3Dview is much more difficult because you have to determine the changed angles of the hinges. On the other hand, in that dialog the code must recalculate for chained deformations using the hinge one up in the chain as the start point.

When you get to looking into this, try and log the original hinge directions and the directions as calculated from the 3Dview. Maybe that helps in finding the place to recalculate. It's a difficult problem which might have either a very difficult solution or an amazingly simple one.

As I said, no hurry to fix this. There are more important things that come first.
[Feb 24, 2024, 1:10:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 112   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved