Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6362 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
hfrmobile

Lower Austria
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Web Viewer?

Well there is a download "Sweet Home 3D viewer" at http://www.sweethome3d.com/de/download.jsp but exists there a Web Viewer ready to use?

I am not talking about:
- Sweet Home 3D Java Web Start
- weet Home3D Online (http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3DOnline.jsp)

I am looking for something like Sweet Home3D Online but it should be possible that I provide a URL to an .sh3d File and someone else just clicks to that URL and the model opens read-only.

Thanks in advance putting me into the right direction!

--hfrmobile
[May 11, 2014, 8:35:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Web Viewer?

Yes, well at least for the 3d view. However, code is in transition so you want to see this thread for the next few weeks until 4.4 is released.

Just for the heck of it, I did a quick mock-up of an imaginary house here. Both the house and the page are nonsense, but it shows an embedded 3D view combined with an SVG export of the plan.

Basic knowledge of html is an advantage.

ok
[May 11, 2014, 10:25:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Oops, forgot, the viewer - obviously - can be found on the download page.
[May 11, 2014, 10:31:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hfrmobile

Lower Austria

Thanks for your tip! Works but isn't perfect yet. Refresh causes gray/solid rectangle (tested with IE, Chrome and Firefox):

But indeed it is something what I am looking for. But what can I do if my webhoster doesn't allow Java?

Would be cool if SH3D offers a "WebViewer" (to put this in other words: "Someone who hosts the viewer"):

e.g.

[May 18, 2014, 12:05:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hfrmobile

Lower Austria

Would be nice to have something similar as the SketchUp's 3D Warehouse:
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?i...85-47d1-89ac-fa926f59e458

The user just needs an URL, nothing else ... OK, it is a very simple "viewer", but for the user it is very useful so the user can decide if it is worth downloading the model ...

SketchUp Viewer is a lightweight application. Would be cool to get a "Sweet Home 3D Viewer" ...
[Jul 19, 2014, 11:08:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved