Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5003 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
avalon1

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Desperated user - installation

Dear all,
i have changed my OS to Windows 8.1 and can not run Sweet HOme. if try to run jawa version, i get message "Your security settings have blocked and application signed with and expired or not-yet-valid certificate from running." The same message appears, even if switch off the firewall and web security option in ESET.
when installed full version, i get another error "sweet home 3D will exit now becasue of fatal error in the 3D rendering system of your computer. Please update direct X/OpenGL drivers of your computer graphic card". This is strange, as dxdiag shows that all is fine.
how to make this thing running? any idea? i like the program, and do not want to migrate somewhere else.... Thanks a lot, guys.
[Apr 19, 2014, 7:53:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Desperated user - installation

It's strange that it says the certificate is expired whereas it's not yet.
While I fix this issue, reduce Security level in Java Control Panel and to avoid the 3D error message, be sure to run Sweet Home 3D Java Web Start version with a 32 bit version of Java (found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 19, 2014, 1:18:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
avalon1

i have 32 bit Java installed. I have also reduced security to Medium and i managed to open the online version.
Thanks a lot for your help.
i have the project saved in my local disk from the time, when i had Win7. Now trying to open it in online version and do not see the option to read from the local file.... i will continue to search, maybe it is just my overlooking.
thanks a lot for your effort. The aplication is great, i love it.
Avalon
[Apr 20, 2014, 4:13:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The current version of the online version won't let you import a .sh3d file from your computer. Please use the Java Web Start version available here.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 20, 2014, 12:23:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
avalon1

Dear Emmanuel,
thanks for your advices. I managed somehow make the computer version of the program run. However, rendering in 3d is very very slow. I went thru the FAQ, but did not find anything, which may relate to my case.
Is there any tip how to make it faster by allocating of some more memory to it or whatsoever.
it does not crash anymore, just very slow 3d display.
Thanks a lot for advice.
[Apr 21, 2014, 4:12:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Slow rendering is generally caused by large files (larger than 25 MB or 50 Mb).
- simplest way to speed up rendering: make your file smaller
- remove or make (temporarily) invisible plants and trees
- remove or make temporarily invisible models that are not visible in the picture you are trying to make
- reduce number of lights
- choose smaller models
- use smaller textures
- use quality setting 3 (not 4)
- reduce size of image
- buy a faster computer
- allocate more memory for SH3D (read FAQ: How can I adjust the memory used by Sweet Home 3D?)
- etc
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 21, 2014, 7:14:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
avalon1

thanks a lot for advices, i will try to apply to see, what will work.the file is over 25 MB after compression.... the strange is, that it was no the case under Win 7. all was fine with even bigger files...
anyhow, thank for your input.
[Apr 21, 2014, 12:53:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved