Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 96
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 269632 times and has 95 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4

okh: 3D window did not update changes made in 2d (happned twice: move door / change level), but could not reproduce.
hansmex: Same here. Happens every now and then. Not clear why.
I checked again if I would have missed some updates in the 3D view, but did not discover anything.
If you couldn't reproduce the issue, could you tell me if it happened more than once, and if you feel that this issue never happened in a previous version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 2, 2014, 10:37:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..if it happened more than once...
Actually, I think something similar happened also in an earlier version, and that I reported it, but I cannot find the bug ticket (too hot outside...). However, it happened only those two times now - and not again. However, I am wondering whether there could be something Java related (1.7.0_55 / 32 bit), because some Java processes (also other sw) suddenly have hiccups. Eg. SH3D furniture import will sometimes halt everything for up to 20 seconds, and Collada export in Sketchup also seems to cause the occasional temporary freeze (and on an unrelated subject, so does my Java addicted bank). But no, it did not happen again (so just go ahead and release :-) ).

ok
[Jun 2, 2014, 4:54:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Missing 3D resources might be a reason for this kind of bug.

so just go ahead and release :-)
I wish I could, but I still have to check the Ni issue that sree.arun.kr reported, and a few translations are still missing. Are there Chinese (writing Simplified Chinese), Czech or Brazilian users around willing to contribute to translations?
[Jun 2, 2014, 6:52:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

I wish I could, but I still have to...
Know that your sense of perfection is what makes SH3D such a great piece of software. My old prof always said that it is impossible to test all possible data with every routine - and something will go wrong - somewhere, somehow. But as betas go - and I've tested a few - this is pretty solid smile. Thanks. ok
[Jun 2, 2014, 9:42:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Just as OKH reported, the slow update of the 3D-image happened more than once. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce it. It was very rare, and if I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

There is another anomaly. Sometimes when a pop-up window appears, it appears blank. That is, the window appears, but not its contents. With Escape I can "close" the window again, and the next time the window appears normally. This has happened in earlier versions as well. (With pop-up window I mean the window for Modify walls or Modify furniture or something similar.)

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 3, 2014, 7:09:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Yes it time to release v4.4 congratulations applause in advance.
But new version still comes with same bugs. Sorry I don't wish to mess with them all by reporting to you(like a barking dog in the sweet night)
1. I am talking about both "Ni" and "d". I think transparency value (Ni/optical density) may not be defined correctly also transparency color is not defined in .Obj format like in .dae does.
When I work with glass material I always do this steps.
2. 3d window failed to refresh when it loose focusing(Out of focus ). Most probably when modify level window appears. You can also try by clicking and minimizing taskbar SH3D icon, then click any other program then re-open/pop-up SH3D by clicking again SH3D icon in taskbar band.(4 different furniture with different materials and a wall is in 2D view, select any of the furniture also). Else you can try by allowing pop-up furniture description window in 3d view, then scroll mouse wheel slowly.

No it does not happens in previous versions
okh : 3D window did not update changes made in 2d

Also I feels that 3d refreshing speed is slightly improved than 4.4 beta1,(may be fixed with improving selected texture refresh speed)
When you changed
3. When I apply a texture to sky it does not render in Arial view.( I think IBL is not working)
4. If you add a key combination like
Alt+Tab = Rotation only
Shift+Tab = Move only
Ctrl+Tab = Scale only
Shift+Ctrl+Tab = Uniform scale(x,y,Z)

will be a very helpful. tongue

I am running with Windows 7 32bit & javaJDK 1.7.051

[Jun 3, 2014, 12:30:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

sree.arun.kr, thank you so much for finding out the eta / Ni issue. SunFlow doesn't seem to be able to handle values equal to 1. This value is found very often in MTL files and is actually wrong, because it matches the index of refraction in vacuum, definitively something not similar to a material!
I fixed this issue by forcing the eta value to a minimum of 1.33 (the index of refraction of the water).
And… it seems to fix (all?) the black dots problems, even black dots that appeared on furniture placed quite far from a piece of glass with a wrong Ni value. smile
Please, dear users, check it on your side with the Beta 18 that I just posted.

But I don't really understand the export to OBJ issue you mentioned in your message.
If it's because 3DS files are transformed in OBJ files in a .sh3d file, it's on purpose and I won't change it, but you can keep the 3DS file unchanged by importing a ZIP file containing it. If it's because you specified some index of refraction in the 3DS file you imported, don't expect to find this value in Sweet Home 3D, because it is stored and reexported only for OBJ files. If it's something else, post or send me a way to reproduce it step by step.

[sree.arun.kr, you posted your last message while I was writing this one, I'm going to answer you afterwards]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jun 3, 2014, 12:41:40 PM]
[Jun 3, 2014, 12:39:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..fix (all?) the black dots problems...
As far as I can tell, the demon is dead smile.

Congratulations to you both! ok

Examples with lots of glass that used to have many black dots: SF Bug 271.

[Jun 3, 2014, 1:06:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

By searching through google&wiki Ni value is minimum 0.001& maximum 10,normal 1 and this limitation is not derived in OBJloader.java(j3d folder)

But I don't really understand the export to OBJ issue you mentioned in your message.

Do step by step
1. Import a model in .3ds or .dae format(*not OBJ) in an empty SH3d.
2. Then save as a new work file (untitled_Save.sh3d)
3. With out closing sh3d and without any modification for imported furniture, goto 3dview->Export to OBJ format,(export it as Untitled_Export.obj).
4. Render model and save image.
5. Close SH3d
6. Using 7zip application Open saved work file(untitled_Save.sh3d).
7. Extract folder 01 content(3dmodel.obj/somthing) where Untitled_Export.obj saved
8. Import these extracted content.obj and exported .obj in a new SH3D and render a view.
You can clearly feel the differnce if the model consist of smoothed,complicated in shape and have different materials like glass, metal are used.
9. Use any comparison application and compare both *.obj file and then both *.mtl file
10. Exported Obj is bigger and different, but mtl file is almost same.

conclusion:
If I import a model then export as obj then again import it in SH3D then again export the model, by repeating import, export steps more than a 10 times then the model and its material is completely changed(only skeleton exist).
silly shock silly

[Jun 3, 2014, 1:27:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Wow.. the color combination &light is superb! especially in night bg. angel okh .

[Edit 2 times, last edit by sree.arun.kr at Jun 3, 2014, 1:35:01 PM]
[Jun 3, 2014, 1:32:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved